New Texas Tint Law ?

tint123

Last I heard, it was no less than 25% on all side windows, though another person mentioned that it is now 25% on only the front 2 windows, and anything goes on the side windows behind the driver.

Any idea where to find the most recent wording on the law ?

09 it changed, all that is regulated is the front doors and windshield strip. You can have it dark on the back doors on cars now. This is coming from a window tinter/sheriff deputy.

For more info search "texas DPS window tint law" on Google and see it from the horses mouth on DPS website : )

Guest occupant

Don't forget the back window, it can be any shade as long as you have two outside rearview mirrors. But if like on one of my cars ('76 Ford), there's only a left door mirror (never had a right one, never gonna have a right one) you are limited to the 25% on the back glass. Funny how the rear door windows and rear side windows can be anything.

I liked it better when it was 35% film front doors, 20% film rear doors, 5% film back glass. I guess I can still do that except on my one old car. Everything else I drive has mirrors on both sides.

Archived