Water bubble?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:slimer:dwiwd

Water bubbles will dry, but you can trap an air bubble if you are double passing and using slime. If you have air bubbles, might want to use more slime because it is tacking up before you can squeegie it out. Do you double pass on your film? If you you double squeegie, like once with a turbo, then with a blue max your film is tacking up before you get all the bubbles out. A lot of old pro tinters single pass, and slam that %&$# but some of the newer ones will be a bit timid and double. pm me or give me a call if you have any questions :)

618-251-4221. Nothing wrong with double passes, just Slime is more aggressive than BS so you might need to up your dose, instead of Wheaties (take that Fox! hehe hugs)

u can even call me if you aren't using TintSlime btw...always willing to help :)

Guest nordfink

So you're saying more slime?? I yellow turbo then blue just as you described and have had 2 people call and inquire about a white cloudy effect, told them to give it a couple days cuz its so cold but I've also been reducing slime in sprayer...let me add that neither custy has called back but both instances were described to me exactly the same way...so more instead of less?? So how bout when it gets hot in a month or two?

Guest nordfink

Makes sense...cuz it seems that the film has been not wanting to tack...I chalked it up to the cold but maybe I'm "untacking" on second pass then??

Nord, that is what I would assume is happening to you. Not sure what kind of film you are using, but I double pass a lot, while hubs and my other tinters just slam the %&$#. They are doing less slime than I am. Tint Eastwood translated for me correctly :) What kind of film are you using? I'd add a bit more to your mix and see what you think. I know I double pass because a lot of the time I am talking and just automatically do it lol, so I am doing a solid ounce per gallon, while the other guys are doing less. Also, with it being winter, the water might "fog" as it dries just because it is freezing freakin cold where you are lol. Let me know if you have any other issues with it and give Steve or I a call anytime :)

global qdp is one of those films I def use more slime on, that tacks up quickly enough on its own. But with my Suntek carbon I have no issues with the double pass. I am not sure but I have heard that Madico films have a really good adhesive and tack up really quickly like qdp. Each film behaves a bit differently. What dose were you using with bs?

I never heard from the customer. I had a haze and bubbles that I saw on it.... I am sure it would dry out, but the thing that got me was that it was there. Using Film-on I don't have that. I had it with Equate brand baby shampoo years ago but not with actual Johnsons shampoo....

Archived