PA tint law cracking down?

Just got a call from a friend who just failed a PA inspection because of a visor that was 1/2" below the AS1. First time I've ever heard of anyone failing for tint here in PA. The rest of his car had 18% on the back and 35% up front and there was no mention of it. Just thought I'd let everyone know and find out if anyone else had issues. I know there was a post regarding the new inspection bulletin in PA and the new regulations regarding tint, but this is the first time I've seen it enforced on inspections around here.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Never heard that this here in PA either... I thought the inspection station couldn't fail a vehicle for window film, that it was up to the state to deal with these issues?

Thats one of the main reasons I don't like doing visors. It's the first thing a cop sees when the car drives by. If it's too low-that car will likely get pulled over. And to only tint to the AS-1 will not satisfy most customers. Therefore I charge enough to make it worth my while, and also make sure the custy sits in the car to point specifically where they want the line to be. I really try to talk all my customers into a full piece of clear on the windshield instead of a visor.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

I mentioned it back in the end of feb. Its in the inspection law now. AS1 or 3" from the top. Also, you can tint the doors but it must not prohibit the view inside. Do whatever you want in the back as long as you have mirrors.

here

IMG_20130304_102656_847_zpsc951fd99.jpg

When you say do what ever you want to the back, are you referring to cars as well as trucks? And peoples idea's on "being able to see inside the front windows" will vary from person to person. I know I can see in my 20% to the seat, and clearly see to the floor with 35%, but still is darker than the 70% that is legal.

Never heard that this here in PA either... I thought the inspection station couldn't fail a vehicle for window film, that it was up to the state to deal with these issues?

so far they cant fail for inspection... execpt for windshield anything below the as1 can fail.. should fail.. it depends on the shop...

whats up josh.....hows business

Interesting, so roll ups should still be alright. Business is going very well, how about for you guys? referred a nitro to you for a contoured visor the other day, never learned how to do those darn things! Hope all is well

Archived