Plotter size

hello,

Can you tell me what plotter size to buy!

i think 60" is not really needed because if you use a 60" roll it's for a hand cut ( it's only an idea, i'm not yet into ppf )

i'm searching for a low cost plotter ( to start ) and the largest i found is a 54"

So in your opinion what is the best size for a plotter?

thanks

ps i'm sorry for my english hope you understand me

I'll only do 60" plotters. (Even though I only cut about 1 or 2 patterns a month, it's nice for those 'body shop' jobs that don't need the custom install touch.)

I still use the plotter to cut door handle inserts, cause that little flower pattern can't be done by hand and look good consistently.

Often, I use it for headlights, but when I need to do A-pillars, roof edge, lower door pieces, trunk-ledge then plotting on a 60" roll saves a ton of time and materials, and those are some of the few areas you probably won't notice a big difference between custom or pre-cut.

Unless you plan on reselling full hood/fenders kits, I would roll with a 42" plotter. Basically allows you cut anything other than full hoods which can be bulked anyway. But it does depend on the space. I also find that it depends on your installs too. If you don't wrap edges, I recommend the 64" plotter so you don't have to hand cut on the car and just cut patterns. But if you are a edge wrapper, you best bang for your buck on plotters is the 42".

Unless you plan on reselling full hood/fenders kits, I would roll with a 42" plotter. Basically allows you cut anything other than full hoods which can be bulked anyway. But it does depend on the space. I also find that it depends on your installs too. If you don't wrap edges, I recommend the 64" plotter so you don't have to hand cut on the car and just cut patterns. But if you are a edge wrapper, you best bang for your buck on plotters is the 42".

+1 on this. While you can bulk the majority of large hoods, it can be nice to have a 60"+ plotter for those occasional full hoods that have a vents, hood scoops, or emblems that are difficult to remove. If you don't see full hoods as being a major part of your business, save the money and get a 42" machine.

Archived