How hard is the 2013 VW Golf?

Anyone done one of these? Ive got one tomorrow and just by looking at the rear screen it looks a bit easier. Just hope its not like the old models.

Thanks

I done 2,the rear screen is a little bit easier than the old models,leave the film 2" longer at the bottom and cut it a little bit over on the top and sides.put your anchor line higher so you have more to shrink at the bottom.Remove the molds on the inside for easier install,use a PLASTIC tool to pry the top piece off then grab the top corner of the sides and give a good strong pull and they will pop out.I think the bottom has 2 screws to remove then take out the 2 tabs look inside towards the back and you will see 1 big clip,stick a door trim tool into it twist till they release.Then use a push stick to pry down the edge of the bottom while you pull down working your way along untill all the clips release.Take your time cause you don't want to bust 1. :facepalm2 The door trims pull back at the top and you can remove the sweep.The front quarters are tricky i didn't clean them just sprayed a little water in to wash any trash off.fold the tint into a U shape get it in there as far as you can let the tint fold out then use you're fingertip on the top edge to push tint in the rest of the way lining it up with the window spray a bit more water in then flick it up onto the window this can take a few goes.I cut a yellow turbo into a little spade shape and tapped it to my door trim tool to push the water out.hope this helps

Anyone done one of these? Ive got one tomorrow and just by looking at the rear screen it looks a bit easier. Just hope its not like the old models.

Thanks

I done 2,the rear screen is a little bit easier than the old models,leave the film 2" longer at the bottom and cut it a little bit over on the top and sides.put your anchor line higher so you have more to shrink at the bottom.Remove the molds on the inside for easier install,use a PLASTIC tool to pry the top piece off then grab the top corner of the sides and give a good strong pull and they will pop out.I think the bottom has 2 screws to remove then take out the 2 tabs look inside towards the back and you will see 1 big clip,stick a door trim tool into it twist till they release.Then use a push stick to pry down the edge of the bottom while you pull down working your way along untill all the clips release.Take your time cause you don't want to bust 1. :facepalm2 The door trims pull back at the top and you can remove the sweep.The front quarters are tricky i didn't clean them just sprayed a little water in to wash any trash off.fold the tint into a U shape get it in there as far as you can let the tint fold out then use you're fingertip on the top edge to push tint in the rest of the way lining it up with the window spray a bit more water in then flick it up onto the window this can take a few goes.I cut a yellow turbo into a little spade shape and tapped it to my door trim tool to push the water out.hope this helps

Thanks Heaps Tikka

I'll give it a crack tomorrow and see how I go.

Kinda hard. I'd give it about a 5.5.

Well the rear window was easier than previous models, that little quarter at the front was a pain.

Thanks for the tip of folding in half and yellow turbo but still took awhile as it's extremely tight.

Job done!! Took over 3 hours but I am happy with it =]

Thanks for helping guys =]

Got to be other cars out there that are less hassle and easier money to film.....I don't need the headaches and I can afford to be "selective."

Devil

The rewards of "putting in your time" :DD

Got to be other cars out there that are less hassle and easier money to film.....I don't need the headaches and I can afford to be "selective."

Devil

One happy customer can refer another customer =]

Hopefully one day I can be more selective, but right now its grind time =P

Devil

One happy customer can refer another customer =]

Hopefully one day I can be more selective, but right now its grind time =P

Very true ! I used to do EVERY job based on that and it's true. The fussier the customer, the harder the car, many times you would reap the benefits of referral based customers yrs down the road! Eventually (if your a 1 man show) you will become saturated with work and you get to be in his position.

Archived