2014 Chevy Silverado

Wztint

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truck came in today. Removed bolt behind door pull and door handle then popped about six clips running along top of door panel and pulled gasket out. Takes about 3 minutes. Very easy install on the new Chevy trucks.

Yup that's the easiest way to do it. Some of these are harder to pull than the others. Just pull the top of the door panel back remove inner gasket and your ready to go. You will not break the top of doorpanel so no worries. Make sure you push metal brackets back down, insert inner gasket when done and panel pops right back into place. The glass does shift a little so adjust accordingly. Ive notice on some of these the glass is kind of sticky so I use a little more sli[ solution on these.

These are different than the last generation was then? On them you can pull the top back but you can NOT get it back over the sweep without pulling the panel. The older yet ones you could pull top and pop it back on but not the last gen.

Ryker Im not sure what your asking. I think Im answering your question. Yes you can just pull back the top of the panel and remove the sweep and yes you can put it back in that way. I would just spray the sweep with my soap solution and slide it back in. I just found it easier and it doesn't take 30 seconds to pop the cover off and remove screw behind door handle. This allows the top of the panel to come back further and give better access to sweep. Hope this helps

I know that when the new body style came out I pulled back the panel and fought with trying to get it over the sweep lip when done. I ended up pulling the panel. It just would not bend enough to make it. I now have a 10mm magnetic socket in a small impact that I use to simply pull these panels. I do a couple a week average and can pop the panel quick and easy.

If you can put the panel back on with just bending it I would love to see that in action....

The older ones were easy to pop back on....

Guest tintjackal

The 2014 snaps back into place. There are metal clips along the rub rail that the top of the door panel snaps back into. Once you do one you will see what I am talking about.

Guest tintjackal

sweet, sounds like the camaro door panel....

Lol I almost said the same thing after I read your other posts about the Camaros. I haven't pulled one of those back but it sounds the same. Im telling you though on some of those new chevys you have to pull pretty hard. :thumb

I finally got me the 2014. I've always just run down to the inner seal on the last gen but this one is flush so I pulled it. My clips were tight and it was rough on the fingers. So tight that if y'all weren't saying it would release, I would have had my doubts. Definitely glad the crusty wasn't hanging around-sounded like it broke!

Some of you are saying about pulling the panel over the seals on the last gen-I'm pretty sure 99 to about 04 panels were the easy ones to do that and about 05-13 were quite a stretch. But unless you really ran the bottom edge down low, there wasnt much need. But the 14 is definitely a pull back set up. 7mm screw now instead of 10mm.

^^ correction, I think 07 was the first year for the panel change, which was a little tighter to stretch over the sweep than the previous. But I'll shut up about that, this is a 2014 forum haha. All new ball game anyway.

I am doing a mirror upgrade on my new body style (1500 regular 2 dr. cab) 2014 Sierra. I have spent hours on the internet looking for information on removing the inner door panels. This is THE only place that has experenced pros that know how to do it. I have had panels out of many older GM trucks but as you know this is a whole new door. So far I have removed the trim panel that covers the switch assembly. Also the two screws in the door handle recess and two screws on the bottom edge. I cannot go any further. The panel that covers the mirror bolts no longer is a triangular one. It is now all one peice from the bottom of the window up. I need to completely remove the entire door panel to be able access everything and run wires into the cab. Thanks in advance for any help anyone has time to give me.

Archived