2014 Chevy Silverado

Wztint

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintjackal

Too easy to pull anything off ...I'd tint them get the $$$ and be putting a down payment on one by the time y'all do all that !

Takes 30 seconds at most to pull panel back and remove sweep then drop the whole piece on there. 

Leave it to GM though new Tahoe and suburban glasses are not same size and have a 2 piece top panel to pull back. Pull panels back from corners it easier on those. 

Just my :twocents ...

The last couple I had were really a tug to try to just pull back on the top of the panel. Try rolling the window down and locating the clips from the ouside, then stick a small right angle pick in there to release the clips from the panel. Its no struggle at all and less likely that something might break. And if the customer is watching, (which I HATE)  it will look more methodical instead of looking like youre ready to rip and tear! :broken

Guest tintjackal

I have never pull a panel on Chevy Tahoe or these new Silverado's....   how is that easy?  I only pull panels when I MUST do so.

I don't pull panel. I roll window down, take out one bolt behind door panel, pull top of panel back  remove sweep and tint. 2015 top clips are different that 2014. Some are a little tighter than others but all the top of the panels will pull back. New Ttahoe and suburbans have 2 piece top but still pull back also. Takes me about 30 seconds to take out sweep and to me it just makes it easier to tint by going in with liner completely off..

I had a '15 2500HD today, couldn't get the tops to pop loose like the four or five '14s I've done. :?

Did it with the sweeps in but of course there was a cluster of felt got sucked up where a small dart popped up at the front corner. I swear if I don't get the bottom nailed down on the first pass, that gets me every time if the sweep is in.

If anyone can pinpoint what's different about the clips on the 15, I'd appreciate it. I've got last year's down to a science and this one baffled me. I usual pop them loose with a pic or Popsicle with the window down.

The one I did gave me no beef... but then I never pull anything, just make sure you double shrink and re check it and shrink the bottom tight.   Is the only way I was able to do that one I did a month or so ago. 

Archived