2014 Chevy Silverado

Wztint

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truck came in today. Removed bolt behind door pull and door handle then popped about six clips running along top of door panel and pulled gasket out. Takes about 3 minutes. Very easy install on the new Chevy trucks.

Guest tintjackal

The truck came in today. Removed bolt behind door pull and door handle then popped about six clips running along top of door panel and pulled gasket out. Takes about 3 minutes. Very easy install on the new Chevy trucks.

Yup that's the easiest way to do it. Some of these are harder to pull than the others. Just pull the top of the door panel back remove inner gasket and your ready to go. You will not break the top of doorpanel so no worries. Make sure you push metal brackets back down, insert inner gasket when done and panel pops right back into place. The glass does shift a little so adjust accordingly. Ive notice on some of these the glass is kind of sticky so I use a little more sli[ solution on these.

Ive seen 1 or 2 2014s running around, at first glance looks like new headlights thats about it. Are the door glass and panels pretty much same as 07-13? Seal always sits a little lower on the inside which is nice if you don't pull the panels.

On the last gen you just gotta watch how you cut the rearward edge of the pattern so it hides good when the window is going up and down. Are these pretty much the same?

Guest tintjackal

Ive seen 1 or 2 2014s running around, at first glance looks like new headlights thats about it. Are the door glass and panels pretty much same as 07-13? Seal always sits a little lower on the inside which is nice if you don't pull the panels.

On the last gen you just gotta watch how you cut the rearward edge of the pattern so it hides good when the window is going up and down. Are these pretty much the same?

2014 half tons are totally different. 3/4 and one tons are the same. Glass is also different on 1/2 tons for 14 and glass stayed the same on 3/4 and 1 tons

Yup that's the easiest way to do it. Some of these are harder to pull than the others. Just pull the top of the door panel back remove inner gasket and your ready to go. You will not break the top of doorpanel so no worries. Make sure you push metal brackets back down, insert inner gasket when done and panel pops right back into place. The glass does shift a little so adjust accordingly. Ive notice on some of these the glass is kind of sticky so I use a little more sli[ solution on these.

These are different than the last generation was then? On them you can pull the top back but you can NOT get it back over the sweep without pulling the panel. The older yet ones you could pull top and pop it back on but not the last gen.

Guest tintjackal

These are different than the last generation was then? On them you can pull the top back but you can NOT get it back over the sweep without pulling the panel. The older yet ones you could pull top and pop it back on but not the last gen.

Ryker Im not sure what your asking. I think Im answering your question. Yes you can just pull back the top of the panel and remove the sweep and yes you can put it back in that way. I would just spray the sweep with my soap solution and slide it back in. I just found it easier and it doesn't take 30 seconds to pop the cover off and remove screw behind door handle. This allows the top of the panel to come back further and give better access to sweep. Hope this helps

Archived