POLL : Getting my car wrapped soon, pls help with colors...

Guest GRacer

3m 1080 color options  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which color would be best suit my NSX

• Glossy Bright Orange
    • Matte Orange
    • Glossy Blue Metallic
    • Matte Blue Metallic
    • Glossy Intense Blue

Guest GRacer

hi guys

i have a 1992 honda nsx and have owned it for almost a year now and so far it was a pleasure for the most part of it smile.gif

now, i have got a chance to get it wrapped, and really need your help on deciding the colors.

i have 5 colors in mind :

- glossy bright orange

- matte orange

- glossy blue metallic

- matte blue metallic

- glossy intense blue

NSXGlossMasters_zpse9b90618.jpg

i always wanted the glossy bright orange since i saw the factory imola orange nsx but now i'm scared that the color is not quite the same (the vinyl not as bright and deep as the factory paint)

could you please help me decide which one would be best to go ?

thanks heaps

My experience with gloss colors is they show every spec of dust or chip you may have in your paint, also scratches from hand washing gloss film will be very noticeable and cant be buffed out.

Here is my car with Avery matte gunmetal

qesehe5a.jpg

tuveqe8y.jpg

Prob gonna do 3m matte blue metallic next year

Guest GRacer

thanks for responds so far guys

i have someone commented on "my quest" on the other forum - what do you take on the following comment below ?

I vote none....... the reason, I just built my Imola well it was orignally wrapped white. when i was peeling off the white wrap on some of the parts the wrap had eating into the OEM paint and peeled

chunks off like 7-8 inch long and 3 inch wide of paint in sections it didnt matter cuz I was painting the car Imola but just to warn you your badass green NSX you have in that pic will not look like that when you finally take the wrap off. your gonna need a whole new paint job.

so with that said my vote is NONE of the above.

my 2 cents. looks good now, hurt your wallet later and cry cuz it now had to have a respray. not good.

would the wrap actually ruin my original paint work ??? one of my intentions of doing a wrapping is to preserve the original paint work, not the other way around

I just bought an off lease vehicle that was wrapped with a printed graphic for 3+ years from new. The paint was as close to mint as one could expect with the exception of one door that had been repainted due to an injury of some sort and the clear coat pulled off during removal exactly as described above.

thanks for responds so far guys

i have someone commented on "my quest" on the other forum - what do you take on the following comment below ?

I vote none....... the reason, I just built my Imola well it was orignally wrapped white. when i was peeling off the white wrap on some of the parts the wrap had eating into the OEM paint and peeled

chunks off like 7-8 inch long and 3 inch wide of paint in sections it didnt matter cuz I was painting the car Imola but just to warn you your badass green NSX you have in that pic will not look like that when you finally take the wrap off. your gonna need a whole new paint job.

so with that said my vote is NONE of the above.

my 2 cents. looks good now, hurt your wallet later and cry cuz it now had to have a respray. not good.

would the wrap actually ruin my original paint work ??? one of my intentions of doing a wrapping is to preserve the original paint work, not the other way around

It would seem if you are getting a wrap and eventually removing the

wrap and getting a respray, my vote would be to leave it as is,

and just get a respray when the current paint looks bad.

Archived