For those that use vinyl on the dot matrix????

I know that this has been talk about a million times but what im looking for is your procedures on how you do it? After I explain to the customers that are affected by the dot matrix I give them a couple of options to pick from.......leave it as is (show pics so they understand what it will look like and explain that it MAY lay fine but we do not realy have any total control) or glue which usually works 90% of the time and then they can go the vinyl route. My question is your exact process. Install film then the vinyl............install vinyl then film etc. Thanks in advance!

Personally i film then vinyl..Either way youre gunna have that line where they over lap but in my opinion i think it looks better if you tint it first then vinyl after that.

If going the vinyl route, tint the back glass first , heat the top edge where your going to overlap with vinyl , then move on to rest of car as it cools and drys , then do vinyl last that way you won't " aggravate " the top edge of the film. Let sit and re inspect at least 1/2 hr before turning car over to custy.

Process for vinyl is I use Film On after sand blocking the dot matrix heavy and squeegee it on with a reversed 6" b/w wrapped in a white scrubbie ( this creates a 3 dimensional squeegee that gets into the grooves of the dots to wisk out moisture and create tack)

This is "A" way and not necessarily "THE" way but a way that has had a high success rate for me

shrink back glass as normal, including matrix or lines. then cut out back glass like normal. while cutting top as if you where going to lay film over matrix or lines.

now cut out the matrix or line area. at this point its a matter of following a line. or making sure its smooth and even at given level of dot matrix.

this cutout is now your pattern for vinyl.

then do as tintwizards said.

Guest TINT-WORLD-SAN-DIEGO

film then vinyl, always. but we have computer cut in our shop, so it makes cutting the film and vinyl super easy to the exact pattern of the car

I usually shrink the back glass luke I would use the whole peice of tint and cut it out, then cut the top portion of matrix before install which leaves me with a patter for the vinyl... And.i do wait atleast 30 min after install of film, to install vinyl..... Dotrix is some good stuff btw

Archived