For those that use vinyl on the dot matrix????

I said it once and ill say it again are we tinters or not !

I haven't seen that done . Once I removed a back glass on a mustang that had it. So I can't say but you should take your time and heat the dots down!

Please read the title of the thread. For years these threads always turn into the debate of vinyl vs not vinyl opinions. He's not asking for that opinion , only the procedure of those that choose vinyl , not IF vinyl should be used , or paint or glue or nothing or left clear. Just vinyl methods :lol

Not busting your chops specifically , just attempting to keep at least 1 of these vinyl threads to theme :DD

At times they mention something, I usually just say that it will dry in uniform and anything greater than 5" square of dot matrix will require the vinyl... however I do leave it as an option for customers, some I just slap the tint up there and let them know that it may look like the Rocky Mountains when it dries... Truly only about 50% of the custys care enough to spend extra for black vinyl.

For the small dot matrix on side windows I will use a elmers clear glue stick, Now you can not always get your hand in there to get this done but I usually tell the customer to come back in 10 days and let me see how the side matrix dried. In most case if its not uniform I can get it pretty darn close with a combo paper towel/hard card/ heat gun. Not always but most.

Contact Brett Wassel from Film Designs and ask about his Dotrix vinyl. We like it.

Yes, they have private label 1-mil vinyl, but a 2-mil works as well as long as you stick to hi-performance stuff; go to a 3-mil or greater and it'll look as bad as the tint.

Border dots are a real challenge; not to mention, mannies of glass ahve varying chemistries of this material and some takes an act of god to not have an anti-stick surface.

Archived