Value Adding

I am trying to learn more about Paint Protection Films

Yeah, I've done ppf before (mainly for dealers) and will probably do it again, only problem is it is time consuming compared to tint and my staff would muck it up a lot and it is costly stuff to be ripping off, which meant I would have to do it all, I'm really looking for something that would keep my workers busy.

Thinking more of paint sealant and interior sealant at the mo.(done both extensively in the past) .

Anyone know any good companies and product to use?

I've heard ceramic pro and opticoat to be the best but can't say I've used it. Make sure you get something "non-organic" so it doesn't disintegrate. I don't know how liquid paint protection gives a lifetime warranty, my guess is te clear coat, but make sure they give u one on it. I've started doing vinyl wraps only problem is people want either a couple of side mirrors or some other tiny but difficult job which is as pointless as someone coming and ask to tint their quarters for them. You can always do the m1 protection stuff dealers push just at a better price, but I'd be getting it from a wholesaler not a car shop. I used to get the excess from my Shop I used to work at, and if a custy bought the "premium" film I'd lay a few envelops out each containing one of the other an they get to pick, some incentive for them to spend some extra $$ on the film and give them a nice feeling for getting something for free. I've heard of people doing windscreens etc, if u want your workers to keep busy give a free car wash with every tint, I used to hate doing it when I was a trainee as I thought it was somewhat demeaning but the custy was always happy with a nice surprise

Thanks for the reply 35.

Your problem with the wraps is the same that you get with ppf also, "can you just do a little bit here and a little bit there" then its "Wow, how much???"

Gotta figure out package prices and stick to them I think before I get back into ppf.

They give life warranties on paint sealant because of the fine print voiding most warranties if the custy doesn't conform...which is probably fair enough, its mostly about maintenance.Its just a numbers game, always has been.

I would still like to get a high end product though, I'm investigating Ceramic Pro and GTechnique and others, still looking for some more input though.

Yeah I've always had the same problem with every company tellin me there's is the best. And who do u ask? Granted there are some pro detailers out there, but I only ever seem to meet the ones who walk in with a litre of red bull at 8am and begin to tell me of their mechanic qualifications..... I have a friend at maguires but I think that's only car cleaning products, but I'm sure hell know ill ask for you daz. Your 100% with the "can u do a bit here and there" and then "oh no that's too much"..... Honestly thinking of just sticking to the film for the time being. Never done ppf is it like vinyl or different? From what I've seen there's not much forgiveness with it

I'm experienced enough to tell straight away a good paint sealant when I use it, I've used a fair few in the past , but most of them aren't around now, trying to get a feel for the market now and see what people are using.

I just disregard the marketing hype and look at the people behind the product more so.

Ppf is fun and bloody frustrating , so sort of like tinting. More forgiving to install (not like vinyl much ) but if you're doing bulk installs and not using kits, you gotta get your cuts spot on or you throw it away, that's where my staff stuffed up all the time no matter how much training and its bloody expensive tearing off large pieces because someone badly cut to shape. Cutting paint is an issue as well.

Archived