Max Pro at 2 years

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so you would say this is more installer error than product failure?

Hi Kevinbvw,

It has nothing to do with the installation. I should have been more clear about it, but I worry about getting to technical and putting people to sleep.

Solvents are introduced during the coating process - but they must be adequately baked off in the drying ovens. If you have ever been to a coating facility, at some point you will see the film appearing to climb into the ceiling and come out at the other end of the coating line. Well, when it goes into the ceiling, that is where the drying ovens are. Line speed and precise oven temperature control are critical factors. The margin of error is quite narrow.

If you don't "cook off" all the solvent, the result is what you see in the picture.

-Howard

Howard you are the second person to agree with me. Not enough removal of the solvent during processing

Hey Underdog,

Yep - It's one of those classic window film failure modes. Excessive solvent retention = out-gassing.

Regards,

Quick Draw

Oh I have been screaming about it for over 20 years. Every manufacturer I have spoken to poo pooed my reasoning.

Hi Kevinbvw,

It has nothing to do with the installation. I should have been more clear about it, but I worry about getting to technical and putting people to sleep.

Solvents are introduced during the coating process - but they must be adequately baked off in the drying ovens. If you have ever been to a coating facility, at some point you will see the film appearing to climb into the ceiling and come out at the other end of the coating line. Well, when it goes into the ceiling, that is where the drying ovens are. Line speed and precise oven temperature control are critical factors. The margin of error is quite narrow.

If you don't "cook off" all the solvent, the result is what you see in the picture.

-Howard

thanks for clarifying that. i havent had a call back for bubbling glass i just wanted to make sure something i was doing wouldnt cause this to happen.

Guest Tint Activists
so you would say this is more installer error than product failure? just curious because ive had a couple cars where i just couldnt quite get all the "blistering" effect of trapped water out and i definately dont want to see returned customers for issues such as this.

This can happen to US, Korean, Indian, Mars, Jupiter or Plutoian tints.

Something to note:

Did the bubbling occur on the side windows too?

Did the bubbling occur on all the cars tinted from the same roll?

Something to note:

If NO to any of the two questions above, it is likely to be what some of us points out there; the installer did not squeegee the film dry enough before the car left the workshop. The wet adhesive was left to cure unevenly. By the time the tint "aged" completely, the residues and uneven adhesive is gassed by the use of demister and aggregated the problem. Clue: you would notice that >99% of the bubbles do not touch more than 1 demister line.

If this is the case, it is likely to be an installer-issue.

No disrespect intended but I don't buy installer error whether the film had been left with solution or how many rolls were used. :twocents that's just my opinion after installing all brands for 34+ years.

I gotta side with Stan on this one . Especially if others are piping up reporting about the same issue .

Guest Tint Activists
so you would say this is more installer error than product failure? just curious because ive had a couple cars where i just couldnt quite get all the "blistering" effect of trapped water out and i definately dont want to see returned customers for issues such as this.

This can happen to US, Korean, Indian, Mars, Jupiter or Plutoian tints.

Something to note:

Did the bubbling occur on the side windows too?

Did the bubbling occur on all the cars tinted from the same roll?

Something to note:

If NO to any of the two questions above, it is likely to be what some of us points out there; the installer did not squeegee the film dry enough before the car left the workshop. The wet adhesive was left to cure unevenly. By the time the tint "aged" completely, the residues and uneven adhesive is gassed by the use of demister and aggregated the problem. Clue: you would notice that >99% of the bubbles do not touch more than 1 demister line.

If this is the case, it is likely to be an installer-issue.

This is a popular thread, no reply from Maxpro people?

We don't make film that does this. You never know who puts what film in what box. We make our film at our plant in Whiteville, NC. Please come by for a visit and we'll give you a tour of the plant. Also contact us at sales@maxprofilms.com and we will send you a FREE sample so you can see for yourself why our films are superior and you won't have to take the word of postings on TintDude.

Archived