Max Pro at 2 years

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what causes the tint to do this?

Excessive solvent retention. What gets left behind eventually outgases. Hence the bubbles.

-Howard

so you would say this is more installer error than product failure? just curious because ive had a couple cars where i just couldnt quite get all the "blistering" effect of trapped water out and i definately dont want to see returned customers for issues such as this.

so you would say this is more installer error than product failure?

Hi Kevinbvw,

It has nothing to do with the installation. I should have been more clear about it, but I worry about getting to technical and putting people to sleep.

Solvents are introduced during the coating process - but they must be adequately baked off in the drying ovens. If you have ever been to a coating facility, at some point you will see the film appearing to climb into the ceiling and come out at the other end of the coating line. Well, when it goes into the ceiling, that is where the drying ovens are. Line speed and precise oven temperature control are critical factors. The margin of error is quite narrow.

If you don't "cook off" all the solvent, the result is what you see in the picture.

-Howard

Howard you are the second person to agree with me. Not enough removal of the solvent during processing

Hey Underdog,

Yep - It's one of those classic window film failure modes. Excessive solvent retention = out-gassing.

Regards,

Quick Draw

Archived