10 year and 5 year warranties?

So im pretty new to the PPF field and had a question about PPF warranties. I offer two types of films to my customers so they have options with pricing. I sell the Xpel Ultimate with the 10 year warranty and Sunteks PPF C with the 5 year warranty for customers who want to spend less but want the PPF work done. From what ive been reading on here and around town. These are the only two companies that has the self healing top coats. My question is why is there such a big jump in warranty years. What makes the Xpel Ulitmate last longer? Thickness, top coat, what its made from? Ill be attending my first SEMA show this year and plan on picking the reps brains a bit while there. Any info would help. Just wanna give my customers the right info about what their investing in.

I cannot speak for the other film companies, but I know we (XPEL), determined the length of our warranty based on a series of tests (accelerated weather, UV , submersion, etc.). Based on the results of these tests and observation of real world performance, we felt that our product would maintain a high quality appearance over a 10 year lifetime without requiring any special care or maintenance.

Lifetime warranty just means people don't keep cars longer then 3-5 years. They think ,we will have less then a 1 percent return rate so who cares. I wish a liftetime was not even an option on tint or PPF. I feel all film companys have a goal to make a film as cheap as posible and keep it under that low return rate, and keep profits as high as possible. After all its the shop that looks bad in the public eye when all goes wrong not them, so why do they care. Yes a little bitter this morning.

Five years is long enough. After that its a nightmare waiting to happen.IMAG0145_zps8b267b31.jpg

I was thinking the same thing.

I cannot speak for the other film companies, but I know we (XPEL), determined the length of our warranty based on a series of tests (accelerated weather, UV , submersion, etc.). Based on the results of these tests and observation of real world performance, we felt that our product would maintain a high quality appearance over a 10 year lifetime without requiring any special care or maintenance.

This lil bit of info makes a world of difference on how I can explain the warranty to my customers. Thanks Jeff. Are you and the crew attending the SEMA show this year? I like to catch up with Alex. I own him and learned a lot from him in the training program last summer.

I couldn't agree more about the length of warranties. There is no adhesive currently available that would last longer than 12-13 years. As far as my understanding. I would like to slap the first manny that came up with that brilliant idea for a lifetime warranty on film just to try and take market share from others. They realize it's a numbers game and that the average time a consumer keeps a car is 4-5 years. Do I want a lifetime warranty on our films? Not really, but we have to follow the industry standard. Nothing like giving lifetime warranty on something that will fail for certain over time.

You can get a lifetime warranty on brakes for your car.... It's just like the 10,000,000 contrast ratio some claim on TV's... Or that eating subway sandwhiches will keep you lean and healthy for life.

Just a number that is better than the competition, but not based in reality.

However, I do feel that that Xpel and Suntek are the best films on the market, and if the Premere proves itself over the next few years, there will be 3 excellent products out there, but none deserving a lifetime warranty.

Archived