Boat Window Help

I have some malibu boat windows I am tintint and the customer brought me some cheap china film that fades from black at bottom to green at the top and as I shrink the fingers will not squiggle or lay down...I lowered my heat, raised my heat and lowering it helped get it done further but at the bottom they just will not squiggle or lay down smooth at all. I am using the soap method, working on the middle door window of the windshield...

PLEASE HELP

IMG_1874_zps55089d5d.jpg

This is a mutual friend so thought I'd try and do him a favor but I figured out why it was shrinking like that...I was more worried about trying to line up were it fades from green to black with other windows instead of worrying about which way I was shrinking the film lol. I got it now. Only problem is it shows ghosting marks like crazy...

Anybody ever used solar art colored film on a boat window?

Yep, that would be 1 of the rare times I would take on a job like that, if it's for a mate you're sorta obliged.

I've used heaps of that fader film over the years, usually it's a poor quality and fades and the black part turns purple within a couple of years. Haven't seen it bubble though.

Archived