2014 Impala

grover0729

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that these have been out for a while longer I'm curious what everyone's SOP is on these '14 Impalas.

Are you pulling the brake light?  Or just using something to pry the brake light off the glass?  In UT we have to cut out third brake lights, so I don't need to get the film all the way passed the brake light, just enough for a clean cut out.

I have one scheduled tomorrow.  I'd be happy to hear any tips/tricks that you've developed over that last couple years.

Just wanted to update this thread for future readers.

The BG isn't bad.  Cut the bottom close because the rear deck sits right on the matrix. 

The seals on the roll ups are tight and deep.  IMO top loading is damn near impossible.  Bottom loading is a must, and was still difficult for me because of how tight the seals were.

You can remove the screw behind the handle to pop the panel and remove the sweep.  I ended up having to remove the panels completely to get them back on correctly.  One torx screw behind the release handle, two 10mm on grab handle, one 7mm behind a little cover towards the outside of the panel.

Archived