PROBLEM: Frameless doors! Help!

2 things you need to do. One is bumping your film DOWN (extra long) when making your cut so it will tuck below the secondary gasket. This is not needed but will help prevent the film from catching the gasket. The next thing you need to do is dry and/or cure the bottom of the film. We take a hair dryer and cure the bottom edge. The hair dryer is hot enough to activate and promote the film to cure but not too hot as to melt any interior pieces. I use a bigfoot (red) to guide along the bottom of the film as I open the gasket up and dry behind it with the hair dryer. This also blows out any excess moisture trapped within the felt gasket.

:bingo

Guest eclipseTN

pull the seals/panels, make sure the film is gonna be below the lower part of window seal so it dosent contact the bottom edge of the tint when rolling the window up and down and wal AH.. hair dryer is a good idea to get it a little dryer, but just leave the seals/panels off until your done, and check for fingers.  i choose to pull seals or panels, no, you dont have to, but in the time it took me to remove the seal or panel and the time i spent d*cking with the film trying to get it under the seal isnt alot of difference

Trick the doors, cut the tint on the outside just below the weatherstrip, install rint, mheat the outside with my gun to get it hot, then.move onto rear window, then.quarters, then back to heat front doors again, clean up and usually let the car sit a bit.

Archived