2013 Mercedes SLS (Nearly full coverage)

So this was a couple months ago, but I'm lazy... And now here are the pics.

Covered:  Full hood, front fenders, front bumper, rear bumper, upper and lower rockers, full doors (Gull wing.. big doors) and full rear quarter panels up and onto the roof.

Tomorrow, I'll be at SEMA 2013.  Tomorrow night, I'll be at Suntek's customer appreciation dinner, and recommend anyone who attends to swing by the Suntek booth for an invitation.  These are the only distributors I know of that put on a VERY nice dinner for their customer every year.

Thanks Suntek!

SLS.jpg

sls2.jpg

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper3.jpg

bumper4.jpg

frontfender1.jpg

frontfender2.jpg

upperrocker.jpg

Door1.jpg

door2.jpg

rearfender1.jpg

backbumper1.jpg

backbumper2.jpg

Good job as always Norm.

I completed a full SLS clear bra wrap last summer.

We ended up removing the emblem on the upper section of the bumper and also the side marker lights.

They are a pain to remove.  I lucked out and had a Benz tech help me out with that process.

The end result looked flawless....

You install film without using any patterns. Which knife do you cut the excess film with? It cannot be seen from your pictures.

We are especially interested in the area around the dissipator as it is not easy to do it with the help of a knife... Moreover, how do you manage to make even holes around the parking sensors?

I use the 30degree Olfa blade (has 7 snap offs).  I used to use the old 45 degree stainless 'window tinters' blade, but the 30deg blade is FAR superior for hand-trimming.

I'm not sure specifically which are you mean by the dissipator... Can you post a picture with the area highlighted?

Around the parking sensors, (Or anywhere I trim), it's just a steady hand, and many years of doing the install (I started installing before there were any kits available).  Quite a few areas I just 'over trim' and wrap the film around the corners and edges.

Archived