What age are you guys ?

20 and been at it for almost a year, my installs are very clean on all basic cars or anything i put film on trucks are super easy for me, still learning everyday i have yet to tint a vette, beatle etc i feel like im not ready yet haha and mostly self taught other then here on the forum and youtube haha

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im 26. Did first auto instal about 10 years ago. played around with that for a few years. @18 got a job that involved applying security laminate for blast mitigation. 3 years of that and division went under. Layed dormant for a while focusing on other work. In the last 3 years decided to sprout up and push my own business.

26 with 10 years tinting!

I started younger so I definately believe him.

I have a picture my dad took somewhere of the very first flat glass I tinted and pointing to it on a hotel where I was more than just the cleaner but did it all from beginning to end. I was somewhere between 11-13yrs of age :lol

Stan, when you say just do it don't wait, you should finish with just do it don't wait...get out while you can

Too late for me but I talk about tinting more than I tint! Much easier on a old man like me. Only good thing is I'm a small guy so I fold up easier in the car but getting out of the car can be a problem! If I could get my fingers to move like 20 years ago I would be happy happy happy!!

Cheers Tom

All the young tinters aren't getting into this job because their interested....... Their fresh out of rehab, moved cities and/or on parole..... Hence young tinters these days starting from around 23 ;)

I have to disagree , to paint all young tinters with the same brush I know if a few young fellers that are very clean , stand up young men.

Archived