Johnson Sunset Bronze?

I usually use Llumar for flat glass and recently sold a job for N1050B, and found out it is discontinued. If anyone has some in stock I need 48x50' (bare minimum) and 36x25. 

However, I found Johnson's Sunset Bronze SB50 is a good match. I've never used Johnson's for flat glass. And my friend's shop has recently been having huge problems with SunTek rolling off the glass. So, before switching brands on a  I thought I may check it out. Has Johnson's been going well? Long term-any problems holding up?

In the last 8 years I have used a good amount of JWF flat films.  Especially the Sunset Bronze.  Not a lot of the 50 but 30 and 20....never ever had any problems with it other than the missing 72" film size...

It has been many years since I have touched anything from JWF. For a time, they were all I used. I have done a fair amount of R&R in the past few years because the hard coat has failed and become flakey. At this point it is 10+ year old FG film where we are seeing failure.

It has been many years since I have touched anything from JWF. For a time, they were all I used. I have done a fair amount of R&R in the past few years because the hard coat has failed and become flakey. At this point it is 10+ year old FG film where we are seeing failure.

Hey Tom,

I found this exact issue recently with JWF nightscape. Not sure if you guys have it there?

I thought at first that the customers had cleaned the glass with something they shouldn't have, but they were organic nuts.. And never keep any chemicals in the house... (Although I think they may have had some chemicals in the past) :krazy

It doesn't look too bad, but they want it sorted. I also have installed a large amount of JWF flat glass film over the years and I am a little worried. I have all of my warranty forms sitting in the file cabinet. Boy would I hate to have to rip off the film I have installed over the past 16 years... I have done some big jobs.  :scared 

Replying to the 10 year possibility of failure, hopefully in the last 10 years they have improved it!! I'm gonna have to go for it, the custy is set on the 50% and Im only a dealer for Llumar and Johnson. Ill be sure to fill out the warranty.

Reading that they don't have a 72", I know Llumar does but fortunately that size doesnt have to get used to often. Ive only had to use 72 twice in the last 10 years of flat glass. However there was some glass a couple weeks ago that was 75" in the smallest dimension. Then another set of 3 each measuring about 84x106...was actually glad that there was no possibility of one-piecing those! :nervous (Blamed the film suppliers of course)

A glass that big, you know right where the bug would have landed during install! Right smack in the middle!! :shoot1

Archived