1st ultragard ceramic job

I finally sold my first ceramic tint job to an automotive custy today! We have priced it considerably more than our carbon 35 just to make the distinction between standard and top of the line.

Great looking and easy to use, not fully tested it on a curvy rear screen yet but it seems to take a lot of heat without flinching. Razor sharp edges though! Watch out for those "better than paper cut" tint cuts!

Looking forward to the new flat glass range from GTS, keep up the good work sir!!

BTW the car was a 2001 mits magna, not at all what I expected as a ceramic customer....:D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintABit

Fusion is one of the nicest films I have ever used. Looks nice, customer's love it and easy to upsell.

Adhesive very aggressive though, can make installing on a hot day a bit challenging.

Just a heads up Jj, if that is SunTek Cabon 35 you are using, then it seems to only last about 3 years in our climate, before the rear screen has bubbled and the winders are badly scratched because of the substandard hard coat.

Doesn't seem to change colour though, if that's any consolation.

In the cooler climates, the aggressive adhesive would be perfect with a normal slip solution. I have a special mix that I call the "Mick's mix" for the hotter days. It's a 50/50 mix of UltraSlip, and UltraEze. It allows a little time for the film to move around, but it will grab the second you run the blue max over it.

The film has no shine what so ever, but it is not black, it's a charcoaly, greeny, black.. It looks prestige in colour to me.. Others might disagree.

It takes longer to shrink than conventional carbon/metal films, but it will take your heat gun at 20mm and just ask for more. It will shrink on the tricky windows, and it will not ghost. This film has allowed me to get the kind of money for tinting a car that I haven't been able to get before. I am able to talk customers out of darker than legal films because of it's heat rejection performance. Try it, buy it.. Don't buy it... Whatever.. But the fact of the matter is as a high performance auto film that works, looks and performs the way it does, oohh.. and the price :D

It is out on it's own at the very top.

Call me a saleman if you like.. Just don't call me a liar.

Merc A180

NX_33_Fusion_A180_zpsf1fc3965.jpg

Fusion_33_A180_Nerc_zps288ccbab.jpg

TSER on the darkest legal is 58%. And I really believe that in 5 years time you can stick it on the BTU meter and it will be about the same.

Fusion is one of the nicest films I have ever used. Looks nice, customer's love it and easy to upsell.

Adhesive very aggressive though, can make installing on a hot day a bit challenging.

Just a heads up Jj, if that is SunTek Cabon 35 you are using, then it seems to only last about 3 years in our climate, before the rear screen has bubbled and the winders are badly scratched because of the substandard hard coat.

Yep I do use ST Carbon and have done for the last 8 years. Never once had a warranty claim or seen one of my jobs with a bubbled rear screen, I have literally tinted thousands of cars with it. I agree the scratch resistant coating could be a lot better but its only my tools scratching that have ever given me a reason for replacing a side wind up.

Back on topic though I'm probably not the only one around here that thinks its important to support Mick and his fledgling tint supply business. For that reason I will be looking into his other Automotive tint (carbon!) and his flat glass range too. Lets get behind him people :D 

Yep I do use ST Carbon and have done for the last 8 years. Never once had a warranty claim or seen one of my jobs with a bubbled rear screen, I have literally tinted thousands of cars with it. I agree the scratch resistant coating could be a lot better but its only my tools scratching that have ever given me a reason for replacing a side wind up.

Back on topic though I'm probably not the only one around here that thinks its important to support Mick and his fledgling tint supply business. For that reason I will be looking into his other Automotive tint (carbon!) and his flat glass range too. Lets get behind him people :D

Let me tell u something, your getting more than what u pay for when using the film altogether, let alone what it supports. Films are great. As for Fg jobs, their made great, good clarity too. Ill post some pics tobight

Yep I do use ST Carbon and have done for the last 8 years. Never once had a warranty claim or seen one of my jobs with a bubbled rear screen, I have literally tinted thousands of cars with it. I agree the scratch resistant coating could be a lot better but its only my tools scratching that have ever given me a reason for replacing a side wind up.

İ was previously using Suntek Carbon ( had to for a period) in all shades and have recently moved to the UltraGard range and İ will say that İ wont be going back...

The UltraGard Carbon is simple awesome in so many ways. İ cant comment on the Fusion or Oxide as yet. Also if the UltraGard was not good you can be sure i wont be scared to say it either.

GTS you have done it again.

Guest TintABit

Yep, I carry the full UltraGard autorange and love them, although I hardly ever use the Carbonite or the Oxide as every one loves the Fusion.

All of them shrink like butter and make even the hardest windows a breeze, the colour is different on each one but all good, just gives something for everyone.

I use heaps of that film.(if only it came in a 70) :poke

All of them shrink like butter and make even the hardest windows a breeze, the colour is different on each one but all good, just gives something for everyone.

It always seemed like a no brainer to me as to what a range of films should be in Australia, but all the other manufacturers just didn't get it, forcing you to take this film from SunTek, that one from SolarGard and maybe 1 or 2 others from JWF and 3M just to make a range.

when Alex and Mike got together and presented this UltraGard range, I just thought finally I can go back to just using the one supplier again.

The product and service from Mike and Alex are second to none.

Good times ahead.

Thank you JJ! I will be sure to slip you that 50 that I promised you for the good feedback.. Whoops.. :lol

Seriously though.. Thanks Tintdudes!

If your thinking about a film JJ, I would highly recommend the Oxide mate. I think carbon really only exists because the industry needed an option for cars that had ariels built into the glass. The Oxide is a signal friendly metal based film. I just love using it. Looks the best IMO..

Archived