Red Devil question I've always wondered

I really like the Red Devil tool for certain car door gaskets yet the very design of it favors using it on the drivers fronts and posses the question : why don't they make the same tool but for the opposite side?

In otherwords, the angle cut is on the right. Why not make one for the left ?

Posted Image

The issue with that tool, as well as many of the tools used in our industry, is that it was not designed with tinting in mind. To make one that goes the opposite direction would require another mold to be made, inventory to me created, tracked, etc. For the volume of those that Red Devil sells for the intended use, which is a trim paint guard for painters, it does not make sense for them to make an opposite one for our industry.

This is one of the reasons that we work so closely with companies like Pro Tools Now that make tools specifically for our industry like the EZ Reach, Stroke Doctor, etc. They design tools with a tinter in mind where the Red Devil was designed for painters and we just happen to find uses for it in our industry.

Hope that helps explain why there likely will not be an opposing Red Devil made. Great question though! :thumb

The issue with that tool, as well as many of the tools used in our industry, is that it was not designed with tinting in mind. To make one that goes the opposite direction would require another mold to be made, inventory to me created, tracked, etc. For the volume of those that Red Devil sells for the intended use, which is a trim paint guard for painters, it does not make sense for them to make an opposite one for our industry.

This is one of the reasons that we work so closely with companies like Pro Tools Now that make tools specifically for our industry like the EZ Reach, Stroke Doctor, etc. They design tools with a tinter in mind where the Red Devil was designed for painters and we just happen to find uses for it in our industry.

Hope that helps explain why there likely will not be an opposing Red Devil made. Great question though! :thumb

Good explanation , thanks Patric :thumb

Archived