Suntek warranty on Carbon in regards to fading

Just curious how a tint company can put a lifetime warranty on a dyed film against fading ?

Is it :

a : a secret magical solution that no other manufacturers have ?

b : a blatant lie to increase revenue over competitor films ?

In theory then , a few years pass, could a customer not just roll down his/her windows a crack to expose the edge of glass that's always tucked in the door frame and if there's even a hint of fading BAM! instant free tint job ?

I'm not knocking this brand before i get called out on doing so, just asking since they seem to be the only company willing to talk about fading in a dyed product in warranty print ( unless there's others ? )

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ok , I understand. Yeah I know Suntek Carbon discolors but EVERY color tint fades to a certain degree over time( some much more than others)... especially a "lifetime" .. Hence the original question

Hmmmm.... tricky one that.

The only film I've had personal experience long term with no fading/non colour change has been the 3M Carbon 35 which was on a car I bought second hand and it was 5 years old and perfect so it can be made possible but not with a lot of them.

Hmmmm.... tricky one that.

The only film I've had personal experience long term with no fading/non colour change has been the 3M Carbon 35 which was on a car I bought second hand and it was 5 years old and perfect so it can be made possible but not with a lot of them.

In my experience, this film is usually great for 5 - 6 years.  The fading is most noticeable when you have a protected section, like a big decal on the back window that is later removed.  

So when did Suntek put a lifetime warranty on fading ? Has it always been the warranty card or is it something that has been added at some point ? Was it added along with a magic secret formula and lasts forever or has the lifetime fading warranty on carbon been there since day 1 in which case I got my answer as to if its a bogus claim.

I keep driving back to the original question simply because I'd carry this line of film if its an honorable warranty claim , but think it should be public knowledge if its a dishonorable warranty claim as film should be compared to film on a level playing field and not compared based on throwing in a bogus claim . Simply honoring a warranty card against fading if your called out on it shouldn't be confused with it doesn't fade and therefore they put it in print.

Archived