Suntek warranty on Carbon in regards to fading

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they're just playing a numbers game. I have no doubts that they WOULD cover a claim, but odds are most never will file one, and most customers won't even keep their vehicle long enough to notice any change in the first place.

I have another 'unique' to us question TW. How do most distributors in Ontario feel about covering warranties on front windows in the first place? There is technically no legal or illegal VLT until an officer says it's one or the other. Albeit, everyone considers 35% to be the safest and legal choice.

Back on topic though, they must just be playing numbers. They all do it to some degree as nothing lasts forever anyway, so it might just be a way for dealers to make SunTek stand out customers while selling it. Similar to Global's "won't turn to purple" warranty. Marketing.

As a disclaimer, I do use a fair bit of SunTek. All dealer vehicles and many off the street get it. I have Carbon on my sisters car, CXP on my girlfriends. I however have QDP on my truck, so... Lol. I just find, thus far, that it is extremely friendly to work with and is fairly priced. It practically shrinks itself and it's great to work with otherwise. The distributor is close enough that with free shipping it's at my door the next morning too.

I don't think our Ontario laws play into much of the warranty factor with the 2 fronts , but I've never had any warranty issues to test the theory one way or the other :lol

Archived