Business can't be making money with these prices

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been done there, there's one strip of town, I sh&t you not, the SAME guy owns three shops all within a couple blocks of each other (2 are directly across the street from each other) competing with himself with 40 dollar tint jobs. Huh??

This particular dude showed me his inventory, he had soo much tint, it was unreal, like a small warehouse full of crappy tint, 200 foot rolls no less, never seen 200 foot rolls before or since. I pretty sure there's some shady stuff going on down there.

I get em all time here in G'ville "I can get it done in Miami for 40 bucks" have a nice trip, then

And yes, they all "frame cut" as they call it, the car pulls in and the keys come out, and then 50 Cuban Americans tint your car on 15 minutes, I've seen it and it IS comical!!

I'm so glad I don't live in a bigger city where I have to deal with crap prices like that . The closest comparison I can think of is Toronto 2 hrs away from me. Over 2000000 population, 3X cost of living and overhrad as compared to where I am yet tiny goes for 1/2 of what it does here. CRAZY!

Sadly, these are the overnight / tent / car wash / detail business I have to deal with here. I re-do a whole lot of their cars, it is steady for me and the custy's pay the price with me for going cheap on the first time.   So when I charge here $140-$160 a car and they say, how come you are so expensive compare to the wash on the corner?  I say to them... you see, you'll only see me once and be satisfied with my work.  If you go with them, you'll get bad service, poor quality and at the end you'll have to pay me more to re-do their work.  I have to say, for a part time gig that I do on window film with a mobile service -I do pretty well. 

I see these prices all the time, then 2 weeks later I see the cars with more peanuts than a Movie Theater.

I called them, he said he uses J&J.. called them again and he now uses LLumar... This was 2 calls in less than 10 minutes.  maybe he uses both... but wait - what is his ROI using LU, LU at $40 jobs.

I'm so glad I don't live in a bigger city where I have to deal with crap prices like that . The closest comparison I can think of is Toronto 2 hrs away from me. Over 2000000 population, 3X cost of living and overhead as compared to where I am yet tiny goes for 1/2 of what it does here. CRAZY!

As a person working out of a shop that has been around 40 years and having been a part of building a great reputation for the last 20 + years. It is very satisfying to hear from GC's etc that HAVE tried the " guy with a truck ". Very often they come right back because the cost of the ticked off custy, the redo's and BS factor cost  WAAAYYY more than just having us get it right the " first " time despite our higher price. 

Archived