What long and short term tint injuries?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The past 6 months or so I have been battling chest pains. Pretty bad at times, no real solutions to the problem. Was talking about it with another tinter and they said they knew someone with a similar problem and it was linked back to tinting. Also heard from another tinter who had similar issues. Turned out to be pulled/torn/sprained muscles in their chest. I had had EKG's, chest x-rays and a bunch of other tests so I figured it was worth a shot. Been in physical therapy for the last month and had no chest pains.... :dunno  Hopefully a short-term injury......

Scary, glad it wasn't serious.

My back and neck are pretty much toast.

my hands get itchy from the solution sometimes and dried out.......instead of kneeling on the floor i sit on a plastic milk crate.  those crates are great. i use them to carry stuff, then i sit on it.....and they arent much to replace if they break or get lost.

Soap breaks down grease and removes the naturally produced oil in your skin.

Itchy and dried out skin is a hint you may be allergic to one or another slip solution or rubber in the adhesive in the film.

Been there

Get it checked out

I tried asking my doctor and all they do is want to prescribe like a gel type ointment.....so i have to walk around for a few hours with this ointment that gets all over me or whatever im doing (tint related or not).......if im careful i can keep it at a minimum without using prescribtions

With my new found allergies during the testing I was also allergic to a preservative in 99% of any moisturizing creams so doc basically said "keep the hands clean and dry and adjust how you do things to minimize contact with the adhesive side of the film and premask"

Took about a month or so  for my hands to fully heal from being swollen and red crab claws, about half as hard as fingernails and cracked and broken at EVERY crease and wrinkle in both hands to fully cleared up.

Archived