PROSKIN???

Ya looks to me like some special aftercare product line to go over noncapped aeromatic films to me. I was playing around with this concept using 3m 846 and a product called X-kote paint renewal systems. There hand applided clear could be wiped right over 846 after it was installed. It stopped yellowing and discoloration completely. But new tech like xpel ultimate and suntek have come along reducing the need use these older films. I stopped using 846 over a year ago now and just run ultimate film.

3mxkote.jpg

Guest ShadowShieldDist

Every film out there from 3M to Xpel Ultimate to Ventureshield has pores, these pores all benefit from being sealed up, preventing everything from discoloration to making it easier to wash off contaminants(Bug guts,bird droppings etc). The Proskin sealant has been specifically designed for Paint Protection Films. Proskin Sealant is only one aspect of the entire Proskin system which is the first system in the industry to include an exclusive installer applied sealant and customer maintenance package.

www.proskin.com

Guest ShadowShieldDist

Just because a film has a self healing coating does not mean that it doesn't have pores. All paint protection film is installed wet, if you leave water behind you will notice it disappears.  This is because the water evaporates and then gasses off through the films pores.

In regards to pricing we post our retail prices on our website to protect our clients. If you would like to I suggest you sign up for a free account and then when you log in you will see your pricing. 

If I see a pile of cars coming back with discolored ultimate film on them in a couple years, I am going to be one pissed off installer.

LOL!  No need to worry about that.  We wouldn't have offered a 10 year warranty if we weren't 100% confident in the Ultimate film's durability.  Sealants like Proskin will always help paint protection films though.  If anything, they make bugs and bird droppings easier to wipe off, regardless of the brand of film you are using.

If I see a pile of cars coming back with discolored ultimate film on them in a couple years, I am going to be one pissed off installer.

LOL!  No need to worry about that.  We wouldn't have offered a 10 year warranty if we weren't 100% confident in the Ultimate film's durability.  Sealants like Proskin will always help paint protection films though.  If anything, they make bugs and bird droppings easier to wipe off, regardless of the brand of film you are using.

There we go! :thumb

So Dustin from Shadowshield was out to see me at the shop last week and we had a really long, and good discussion about Proskin and PPF film in general. He left me a demo bottle of proskin sealant and restorer, I wrapped (xpel ultimate film) a new 2015 GTI full hood yesterday and applied the proskin sealant to it. Car belongs to an employee so I will get to see it daily. I'll report back with some findings in the future on its performance.

Archived