CONTOURING SUNSTRIPS W/O PLOTTER

I use my hand as a guide to mark with a sharpie then I cut them on the windshield....if I even do a contour cut anymore.  A few years ago I would hardly ever do anything but a contour cut but I got lazier and the glass seems to have gotten less curvy too...

here is the thread about the "perfect eyebrow" tool.... http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/59228-the-perfect-eyebrow/

Guest edd new home owner

i will use a red deval to draw 3 lines first line at 10" 2nd at 11" and 3rd at 12" by using a black marker,

depending on car add 1" conture to sunstrip compact cars

2" conture midsize cars n trucks

3" conture fullsize trucks

after drawn lines take to cutting board fold in half, match corners, squeege tight, donot crimp the fold, leave loose, and free hand the lines, adding extra to center as needed, therfore verrying the contour of the film

then needing a very ruler to tweek the center to the perfect cut and conture,

have been doing it for the past 15 years and had many happy customers

i will use a red deval to draw 3 lines first line at 10" 2nd at 11" and 3rd at 12" by using a black marker,depending on car add 1" conture to sunstrip compact cars2" conture midsize cars n trucks3" conture fullsize trucksafter drawn lines take to cutting board fold in half, match corners, squeege tight, donot crimp the fold, leave loose, and free hand the lines, adding extra to center as needed, therfore verrying the contour of the filmthen needing a very ruler to tweek the center to the perfect cut and conture,have been doing it for the past 15 years and had many happy customers

Aren't you the same guy who posted another thread as a homeowner looking for advice on good better and best tint??

And also showing 0 years experience but now you've been doing sunstrips for customers for 15 years?

I'm so confused.

Archived