Who else uses Newspaper to detail windows

I don't know if customers will like me using a diaper.. And coffee filters aren't 25 cents a stack :)

Since some of you guys never tried it, I recommend it. Its cheap and works amazing. I cannot imagine the little fibers in the recycled paper being able to scratch tint. Atleast I hope not.

Just a question but why would a customer care what you use to clean their windows? I get the coffee filters due to expense but I would think they would care more about an extremely sharp blade being put on their car more so then what was used to clean their windows. Just my two cents.

Also, I used to detail cars and have used the newspaper and find that the diapers or new micro fibers work way better. Of course that's just my experience, yours may be different. Let us know how you find using them every day and if your find any difference with different types of paper. I'm sure people would like a review of your experience if they want to try something different.

The whole thing with newspaper working great to clean windows is that back in the day, the ink for newspapers was kerosene based . Now, the ink is formulated in a different way, so it does not work like it did in the past. I read a article about it several years ago in professional car wash magazine.  Also, I noticed with the new ink it can easily transfer onto the upholstery , so watch out for that. 

I used scotts shop towels and they leave alot of streaks. If I can find cheap cloth diapers than I will try it. Not going to lie every so often after i wipe with newspaper I see very very fine scratches on the new tint. I will continue to wipe with them on the outside and try something different with the inside.

I would not want to put any newspaper to window tint film.

I started using a hi-tec brand waffle microfiber glass towel for my glass cleaning and squeegee wiping. They were about 2.50 each. I use them one at a time and use the same one for around 10 to 15 full cars before I even think of washing them..i have had the same 12 towels for a year now...

I was cleaning the outside of windows with newspaper before you were even thought of. Now days I use microfiber towels to clean the inside and outside. My grandfather taught me about to use newspaper for cleaning windows when I was a wee lass.

Archived