i think my customer is crazy

Don't know about the States but in Canada only one of the people being recorded needs to know.

This is generally interpreted as the person doing the recording being one of the parties in the call being recorded.

If there are more parties involved, say in a conference call setup there needs to be a notification.

As I understand the wire tap laws one party recording the calls of 2 other parties without either of their knowledge is where the issue becomes illegal.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was nice , got her a deal on the glass told her if she went and paid to have it replaced that i would retint for free

Hi Tx Tinter,

I think that was not only fair of you, but perhaps above & beyond the call of duty.

The fact of the matter is that once you open the doors of your business to the public, you have to be prepared for anything.  Everyone is different and they bring their own unique perspective to the table as far as what is fair and reasonable.  There is an old saying "You never win an argument with a customer".

Removing film from a rear window is a special situation that carries special risks.  In reading this entire thread, it seems to me that a special waiver should be signed.  Customers need to understand and assume the risks, or the work should not proceed.  I do not think that this waiver should exist as "fine print" at the bottom or back of an invoice.  I think it should be a separate document that deals only with that one issue.

I will try to see if I can come up with something which is very general, yet very clear.  Remember that every state has different consumer laws, so something that is enforceable in New York might get thrown out the window in Texas.  I will seek a little advice & guidance from my wife, who knows a thing or two about law.

Give me about a week or so and I will try to post something in PDF format.

-Howard

I created a waiver form (with a little help from the Mrs.).  Please feel free to use it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jByUe5ZZtxUzI4RTNPQUxiZ3c/edit?usp=sharing

Note:  This form (or any form for that matter) is not intended to prevent you from being sued.  You still owe the customer a duty of care and if they feel you did not exercise adequate precautions, you might still find yourself in small claims court.

So in case it's not obvious, just because the customer signs this form it does not mean you can use a razor blade as opposed to a steamer (or other less invasive method such as soaking/bagging). 

I may start another thread just for this form.

-Howard

wow.... that is sound, clear and concise!!!

Something like that is what I have at the bottom of my receipts - but not as detailed or long, looks like I will changing it soon..., I actually write down the entire VIN# of the car as license plates can change overtime. 

I created a waiver form (with a little help from the Mrs.).  Please feel free to use it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jByUe5ZZtxUzI4RTNPQUxiZ3c/edit?usp=sharing

Note:  This form (or any form for that matter) is not intended to prevent you from being sued.  You still owe the customer a duty of care and if they feel you did not exercise adequate precautions, you might still find yourself in small claims court.

So in case it's not obvious, just because the customer signs this form it does not mean you can use a razor blade as opposed to a steamer (or other less invasive method such as soaking/bagging). 

I may start another thread just for this form.

-Howard

Thanks for taking time to post the waver , ill be printing it out for future use 

Guest DougW49

go to court.  Cheapest publicity you can buy!

You were set up and they hope you'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.

The public will back you.  Do some background on these slime.  Have they done this before?

Keep us posted.

Archived