C3 rear glass

Okay so a guy a selling a rear plexi glass for a c3 corvette and they are pretty curved. so what i really want it for is to practice shrinking. so would it work on plexiglass or no? and are the newer corvettes rear glass harder to tint? anyone?

Could you guys maybe give me a list of rear glass that is simular to the corvettes like the camaros also. thanks

You should be fine shrinking on plexglass, but learning on the C3 rear glass i don't think would help much, since its not like many other bbs out there.  I would try finding a curvy bg from Chevy Cavalier or similar.  

like what year. and would it help me on corvettes and camaros?

About 96-2000 or so....the Ecilspe BG is a good idea.  If you can shrink that one well, then the majority of bgs will be easy.  Mid to late 90's Integra would be good too.

Was thinking though, don't just get a difficult bg and become a pro at shrinking that particular piece. E.g. You can salvage an old door and get really good at that one windup, or you can think about each step you make, and what would be better or worse eventually becoming good at installing film on cars.....

Same for bg's. you can become the guy who can belt out a shrink and have to heat spears out once its on, but I'd think about the style of your shrink. Remember each film shrinks differently and different at varied heat. When I first did this, I practiced on trying to be able to shrink a hard big smoothly, not just getting it formed. Helped me to look at any hard bg I come across now, if u get me

Ohh no i can tint roll ups not problem i even stopped using the ploter and i do double cutting i timed myself takes me about 10 min to cut a whole sedan or truck except rear of corse. i actually havnt even got a call for a camaro or corvette but id like to kinda be ready and not turn down any car you know. ill deff be doing it slowly and smoothly hopefully i can learn something when im done ill try and sale it

Archived