Edgeing not square

If some of my bottom edges arent square or a bit of tint has been cut can i bring a ruler say and cut and square it off above the problem. Its not that high up!

Every piece of film you lay is an advertisement for your next job. Do you want that big gap to represent your work? If not, re-do it.

If some of my bottom edges arent square or a bit of tint has been cut can i bring a ruler say and cut and square it off above the problem. Its not that high up!

Every piece of film you lay is an advertisement for your next job. Do you want that big gap to represent your work? If not, re-do it.
There is a massive difference between the guy who can go to a customer and say, "hey, I will have to come back because I made an error." And the guy who will trim a piece off and try to splice it.....

Your only as good as your last job, and as TD said this is particularly true to the customer

I've tossed 8' of film due to a flubbed trim well inside IWFA's 1/8" guideline a few times because its my reputation on the glass.

Custy says " That looked really good why toss it" .

My response has always been a variation of "

That's my ( or our shops ) reputation on your glass and I found it not up to our standards. If I don't like it you can't have it"

Generally they never eyeball the work again and are satisfied that they will only receive quality work.

I've tossed 8' of film due to a flubbed trim well inside IWFA's 1/8" guideline a few times because its my reputation on the glass.

Custy says " That looked really good why toss it" .

My response has always been a variation of "

That's my ( or our shops ) reputation on your glass and I found it not up to our standards. If I don't like it you can't have it"

Generally they never eyeball the work again and are satisfied that they will only receive quality work.

It's funny, I've found the more you redo your work at the start the less u do in the end. Just done a 3rd car in 6 months for same customer who NEVER looks at the job because of this exact statement....

Archived