Auto tinting vs flat glass

I've tinted 10s of thousands of cars and I absolutely love it , I've also tinted several buildings and houses BUT it just bores me to death , the money is great but I just don't feel like its much of a challenge anyone feel the same ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely not. If you feel there is not much more in flat glass to know to do you are in the best position to have your mind opened to the potentials of window film. Lean more about it before you make that judgement.

Btw I am an "auto tinter" getting into flat glass

I've tinted 10s of thousands of cars and I absolutely love it , I've also tinted several buildings and houses BUT it just bores me to death , the money is great but I just don't feel like its much of a challenge anyone feel the same ?

I feel completely the opposite. I never was one to stay in a shop all day. Flat glass is always different. I tried doing cars years ago, but was so bored, and hated getting into the back of tiny cars. I couldn't wait to get out there with the flat glass guys. Just because you are good at cars, does not mean you would be any good at flat glass. It would be like me attempting a car after all these years.

Ya , that's what I'm saying , I just finished 500 square foot of flat glass last night and it was so repetitive it didn't Challenge me like auto does , no offense to you flat glass guys, I wish I got payed like you lol. Flat pays way more , 2k profit in 10 hours yay boy .

Absolutely not. If you feel there is not much more in flat glass to know to do you are in the best position to have your mind opened to the potentials of window film. Lean more about it before you make that judgement.

dude did you ever read my post I just said it's boring and that I've tinted A LOT of flat just prefer the challange of auto !!

Both are great, I started at flat glass and recently opened auto. 

Flat glass can get you some clients for auto and not that common the other way around.

Flat glass usually is more sf, and more $$.

In both you can provide exceptional service which can give you a competitive edge.

dude did you ever read my post I just said it's boring and that I've tinted A LOT of flat just prefer the challange of auto !!
Yeah man, but you haven't read mine. Seriously, if you think Fg is boring you haven't done it all. I can compare doing the same type if flat glass, where you do the same windows over and over, to working at the same dealership doing the same cars over and over. There's so much more to flat glass and I don't just mean the usual "there's more knowledge" a couple days ago I was lucky enough to visit my supplier and check out his UV printer. The possibilities are endless.

Archived