Auto tinting vs flat glass

I'm glad I finally joined the forum , now I have people to share my thoughts with , this is such a niche industry that I feel like people look at me as if I'm speaking a foreign language sometimes when I talk about installing film ,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite challenge has been the attention to detail hand cut graphic projects provide.

Next would be finding ways to blast out hand cut stuff faster than plotting/installing /futzing with premask.

That " how would you do it" stripe project in another thread is one perfect example of the hand cut is faster.

I'm glad I finally joined the forum , now I have people to share my thoughts with , this is such a niche industry that I feel like people look at me as if I'm speaking a foreign language sometimes when I talk about installing film ,

No one can appreciate a tinter but another tinter. :thumb2

I walked away from the auto side 16 years ago. I saw vehicles getting smaller and I am not.

Having installed and/or involved with installing over a million squares, the passion is still there.

Opportunities are everywhere no matter how you look at it. There is bare glass every place you look.

No one can appreciate a tinter but another tinter. :thumb2

That is true if you are in a forum or work along side other tinters. In my case, I am the only auto tinter and work with the only flat glass tinter for the company. All the other tinters I compete with in the area will walk right on by with a smile and then talk  :poop after you pass on by.

Archived