JG's Custom Auto.. New Member/New Tinter

Hey TD world. My name is Jeff and I am in the process of starting my own tinting business and wanted to take some time to introduce myself. I had some experience tinting in the past when I was in the military working in vehicle maintenance/motor pool. I have been lurking for a bit learning some tips and techniques to help me in my new venture.

I am pleased to report that I have sucessfully tinted my gf's 2003 Ford Taurus for my first complete car, and yes I wish I had refered to this forum before starting because this car was a pain. After a few tries on the front roll ups though I got my technique down and pulled the lower seals, taped the felts and the car came out pretty good. I was actually surprised to get the back window done on the first shot using dryer sheets for the dry shrink. GF is happy and the car look's good, used Llumar ATC 50% front and 30% rear.

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram, 2010 Cadillac CTS, and a 90's S-10 lined up for this week and will let you know how those go. I have a 2009ish Dodge Charger coming up as well. For now I am working out of my garage but once business picks up I plan on getting a dedicated shop to work out of. Look forward to being part of the community and learning much much more about this exciting yet challenging craft.

Archived