2001 Toyota Solara

Mr. Micro Edge

Ok so had a 2001 Toyota Solara today. The doors and quarters where a piece of cake. My question arises with the back glass. I kept having difficulties with the lower corners and shrinking. To went down quick and easy with lift and pull....I think this was my first 2 door solara in my 5+ years tinting. Looking at the new Solaras (2007-2008) the back glass looks more flat than the earlier models. Any suggestions on this? I've never had a back glass give me this much trouble ....I tried different anchors and still issues.

...I kept having difficulties with the lower corners and shrinking. To went down quick and easy with lift and pull...

If a car is giving you trouble at the top or bottom, try anchoring closer to the trouble area to reduce the amount you'll have to shrink.

Are you saying it shrinks fine using lift and pull, then giving you problems once inside?

If that's the case, after you shrink and cut, force up some fingers in the area you know will give you trouble and put more shrink into the film there.

Anchor horizontally across the entire back glass? Can you explain this little bit more...? I tried the standard H anchor.... I also tried just a horizontal anchor across the middle of the back glass. It was the lower outside corners that gave me problems. The top outside corners I simply lifted and pulled and they laid down. Concerning the bottom should you start towards the middle of the bottom half of the glass and work your way outward or start outword and work your way in?

Haven't had any issues with back glass before. I normally do an h anchor and start in the middle and shrink the bottom half halfway down across to the drivers side then to the passenger. Then I finish the bottom half of the drivers side then the passenger...I repeat for the top...I work from center out and try and go evenly across.

Archived