External automotive protective film?

????

Michael, I was talkin to the OP and making reference to what he should say to the customer.....

I think u may think I was talkin to u as what you should say to the OP......

Paranoid mate

Hey 35.. All good in the hood.. Always will be.

It was my fault for sending the post on my phone as I don't use the little emoticons on my phone.. Let me redo it with the emotocons to clear it up..

The way you read it is all about your frame of mind..

He did ask for film options, but the easiest and cheapest way is to engineer the caravan trailor guards so it doesn't sling rocks into the glass. :cool

Or if the rocks are coming from the car and bouncing onto the caravan then onto the glass, then get some mud flaps. :)

Or next time the glass breaks, replace it with lexan. :dance

Ofcoarse film is not the best option... Seems obvious. :thumb2

:beer:passout:ppdance :ppdance

Hopefully this clears it up :yep

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Chappy,

http://www.clearplex.com

The issue is with this film is that it is very hard to get hold of. I am told that a company in Melbourne sell it, but by the roll only.

This will not stop the glass from breaking if a large rock hit it, but it would reduce the change of the glass breaking and it is made to be resistant against wiper blade use.

If you really want to get some I can contact someone who does offer this film to mining companies for their large machinery windscreens.

Hope this helps.

I'd be interested in this contact GTS. Can you look into it for me?

thanks for the reply guys. i explained in as much detail as i could to the customer about the options, and the limitations they inherit. he decided to go for a clearshield, which i get from solargard and have never had problems in the past (applying to bonnet, spotlights, tubliners etc anyway).

he knows this is probably not the answer or fix he needs, but is willing to give it a shot anyway. should it happen again, i will definitely look into Clearplex. Thanks GTS :)

Archived