"Australian Standards" U factors etc

The Purchase Order.

Always get one!

This you should always get before you even order film.

In it it should state what you've quoted.

Yep. Agreed. Purchase Order, or confirmation by email, plus a deposit if necessary. Dot the I's and cross the T's gentlemen. Always cover your butts.

it is a good idea to have it all in writing but as far as this job goes my written quotation does not mention it has to meet any sort of standards etc, im working with the builder who is dealing with the airport but i originally dealt with the airline as it was a friends dads friend who is the aircraft maintenance manager. I think i have it under control just waiting to hear back, its so stupid that they can't accept the manufacturers statistics on u factor to meet energy ratings, the rest of the terminal offices look to be tinted 20 odd years ago they are mainly in bronze film thats showing signs of ageing lol

Some people are happiest when they are causing others grief.

It's a power trip for them.

The trick is to not get caught up in it.

Take him around the back of the building and give him a swift kick in the crownies, always works on those types.

Some people are happiest when they are causing others grief.

It's a power trip for them.

The trick is to not get caught up in it.

Take him around the back of the building and give him a swift kick in the crownies, always works on those types.

If you know enough about your industry, film performance, glazing systems and relevant standards, you can usually deliver those "kicks" verbally and professionally. [emoji41]

Guest FISH--O

Get signatures mate with todays tech it is easy i live out west 2767 and most of my work is in the city just send quot get them to print off and sign send back to you or they can give it to you when you go to do the job i prefer to get copy before i do the 40 to 1 half hour trek then to pay for parking  and on parking put on your quote plus parking you will be surprised how many clients will give you a spot if they can save some MONEY like your airport job i know for a fact that they could have found you a spot .

Verbel is hard to prove if things go sour you need written to hold up or record your conversations this can be done on todays phones but you must let the person on the other end know they are being recorded at the beginning of conversation.

ALL IN ALL STAY AWAY FROM SKETCHY CLIENTS GO WITH YOUR GUT :eyebrows

Archived