Clear heat rejection films

Can anyone tell me the best film for a store front, needs to be close to clear but with some good heat rejection?

Hi, our PERFECT 70 is a non-reflective film Indium Tin Oxide Film, suitable for the above application:

http://www.filmtack.com/products/perfect-70

- Visually clear, VLT 73%, non-fading

- High Heat Reduction, Shading Coefficient of 0.60

- Non-Reflective, VLR 7%

- Europe's TUV-Tested

Thank you.

TSER ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TSER ?

Hi RockyDaz,

The TSER is included in the report. These are the additional PERFECT 70's Solar Properties:

PERFECT 70

Direct Solar Transmittance, T%: 38.08%

Direct Solar Reflectance, R%: 6.51%

Direct Solar Absorption, A%: 55.41%

Total Solar Energy Rejected: 47%

Shading Coefficient: 0.60

Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: 0.52 (calculated)

We have been featuring this product on TD for the past six-months. Please let me have your email address if you need the test report for reference.

Good night.

TSER ?

Hi RockyDaz,

The TSER is included in the report. These are the additional PERFECT 70's Solar Properties:

PERFECT 70

Direct Solar Transmittance, T%: 38.08%

Direct Solar Reflectance, R%: 6.51%

Direct Solar Absorption, A%: 55.41%

Total Solar Energy Rejected: 47%

Shading Coefficient: 0.60

Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: 0.52 (calculated)

We have been featuring this product on TD for the past six-months. Please let me have your email address if you need the test report for reference.

Good night.

I don't get it, why would you not put that on your website? http://filmtack.com/products/perfect-70/ :hmmm

I don't get it, why would you not put that on your website? http://filmtack.com/products/perfect-70/ :hmmm

Thanks TInt Eastwood, Sorry, I thought you were just making fun of us in your earlier post. Now, i know where you are coming from.

You posted a good interesting question. I gotta up your repute point:

• This is a Japanese film, the underlying test method is based on (Japan Industrial Standards) JIS of Japan Standards Association.
  • The test report was from TÜV-SÜD, the underlying test method is based on ASHRAE Handbook, Chapter 27 and ISO 9050:2003

There are 2 small differences in the data calculated under both reports. The difference was negligible but we presented the lower of the number achieved in both tests:

JIS VLR: 7% 

TUV VLR: 8%

JIS TSER: 50%

TUV TSER: 47%

The SC 0.60 = SHGC 0.52 result was totally similar in both agencies' testing.

Thank you Eastwood.

The film does not boast of the best TSER in the world (among VLT-70% films), because it failed to achieve 70% VLT (actual VLT 73%) in final production. 

However, SHGC of 0.52 is a respectable result and there is no metal added = no oxidation risk. This would be one of the better VLT 70% film in the world.

With a little more reflection to 9-10%, we can could have decreased the VLT to 70% and achieve a TSER above 50%. hahahaha  :krazy 

Absolutely. If you want a film to be taken seriously, especially on a professional tinting forum, you have to have SHGC/ TSER figures which are tested by a respected independent authority such as NFRC. Otherwise we have no real info to judge a film by.

I love Ceramic films for their high performance in high VLT's, the downside , particularly for FG and storefront glass where I would most like to use them, is the high absorption values which make them unsuitable for dp/ lam glass.

Guest thatsnappyguy

Solar Gard Hilite70 and VK70. Hilite is a more heavy duty film, has a better warranty, and Solar Gard provide much better customer service. 

Archived