Re-vamp the industry

Consumers are to blame for buying the cheap product that they offer, and in turn keeps Wal-Mart profitable...as the market bears it.

My dear friend, customers will look at price first, and continue to expect impeccable quality later.

So while I am keeping costs down, I WILL NOT COMPROMISE ON QUALITY.

I am already on lower profit-margins because of competition and I don't want to go back and redo the job. :wrong

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference between people buying cheap items at stores that have nothing to do with tinting, compared to tinting, is they are buying instant consumables.......

Not a lasting product.....

Some people want to buy the cheapest shortest fridge out there, do you think there's a future for the guy who sells them?

I can't compare window film to anything but window film.....

And still believe that using cheap product is bad for the industry in the simple way it looks bad on a product overall....

Also, it's always stated on here that the cheap guys are in it for the quick buck, and don't last in business.....

These are two very valid points that differ window film from a giant retailer and I still don't sliced no excuse can be made for pushing shit film for low cost, even from a marketing point of view?

Also, it's always stated on here that the cheap guys are in it for the quick buck, and don't last in business.....

These are two very valid points that differ window film from a giant retailer and I still don't sliced no excuse can be made for pushing %&$# film for low cost, even from a marketing point of view?

The my secret of success is to offer 2 ranges of product; factory brand + my own private label.

Some type of customers only recognize the factory brand, so I give my best quotes on the branded option

To back-up, I will show customer that I have another housebrand with higher heat reduction at similar/cheaper price. maximizing my odds.

With these options, my battle is half-won, WHEN THEY STEP INTO MY SHOP :bat

The difference between people buying cheap items at stores that have nothing to do with tinting, compared to tinting, is they are buying instant consumables.......

Some people want to buy the cheapest shortest fridge out there, do you think there's a future for the guy who sells them? Yes, if people continue to buy from him.  Its the customers choice.

I can't compare window film to anything but window film..... Sure you can.  There are very cheaply made homes, with lower quality materials used, and very well made homes with higher quality materials used...Both are sold everyday.  Should there be a standard on the use of quality materials for the cheaper home that is used in the more expensive home?  What happens then?  You drive the cheap home builder out of business, even though they were profitable until they were forced to use high quality materials, and people quit buying the cheaper home...that they could afford.  Guess its good for the apartment housing market...

And still believe that using cheap product is bad for the industry in the simple way it looks bad on a product overall....Its freewill for a customer to purchase based on price.  We all know a Chevy is cheap to buy, as a Bently isn't.  Some people can't afford a $300 tint job, so they go to the $100 tint job.  Do they want the same quality?  Sure, but that was there negligence, and not the one selling a cheaper product.  The customer wasn't forced to buy the cheaper product.

Also, it's always stated on here that the cheap guys are in it for the quick buck, and don't last in business.....This is true some of the time, and not all of the time.  There are plenty of places in my are that have been in business for years and years that offer very cheap window tinting.

These are two very valid points that differ window film from a giant retailer and I still don't sliced no excuse can be made for pushing %&$# film for low cost, even from a marketing point of view? That is not up to you to decide.  There are many out there that offer a very cheap entry level film as well as a very high quality film.  Same difference in my comparison to Wal-Mart.  Want cheap?  Go to Wal-Mart.  Want quality?  Go elsewhere.

On top of that, a high quality film does not mean anything other than the film is high quality.  There are plenty of shops that offer high quality films but installation is terrible.  I don't like the $99 tint shops either, but there is a possibility those shops help keep you business.

Some people want to buy the cheapest shortest fridge out there, do you think there's a future for the guy who sells them? Yes, if people continue to buy from him. Its the customers choice.

I can't compare window film to anything but window film..... Sure you can. There are very cheaply made homes, with lower quality materials used, and very well made homes with higher quality materials used...Both are sold everyday. Should there be a standard on the use of quality materials for the cheaper home that is used in the more expensive home? What happens then? You drive the cheap home builder out of business, even though they were profitable until they were forced to use high quality materials, and people quit buying the cheaper home...that they could afford. Guess its good for the apartment housing market...

And still believe that using cheap product is bad for the industry in the simple way it looks bad on a product overall....Its freewill for a customer to purchase based on price. We all know a Chevy is cheap to buy, as a Bently isn't. Some people can't afford a $300 tint job, so they go to the $100 tint job. Do they want the same quality? Sure, but that was there negligence, and not the one selling a cheaper product. The customer wasn't forced to buy the cheaper product.

Also, it's always stated on here that the cheap guys are in it for the quick buck, and don't last in business.....This is true some of the time, and not all of the time. There are plenty of places in my are that have been in business for years and years that offer very cheap window tinting.

These are two very valid points that differ window film from a giant retailer and I still don't sliced no excuse can be made for pushing %&$# film for low cost, even from a marketing point of view? That is not up to you to decide. There are many out there that offer a very cheap entry level film as well as a very high quality film. Same difference in my comparison to Wal-Mart. Want cheap? Go to Wal-Mart. Want quality? Go elsewhere.

On top of that, a high quality film does not mean anything other than the film is high quality. There are plenty of shops that offer high quality films but installation is terrible. I don't like the $99 tint shops either, but there is a possibility those shops help keep you business.
True.....

All true.....,

My point is not for myself personally though.

Sure, if everybody did a great job, with a good product, it would be almost impossible to become "established"

But what an industry it would be.

Mate I've done some rough jobs ecause it had to get done then and there, I've had some bad weeks where I've said "fine, I'll do it" for pennies.....

But I don't, and never will, believe any inferior product being installed is good for me, you, or any quality tinter.....

By inferior I don't mean the "absolute best"

I simply mean, given the skill and tools I have, something I would not put on my own car or home.

But your points are true :thumb

I am in this for the long haul and i like you was very frustrated until i saw what i was doing to myself. I lived in San Antonio where a new company started advertising a cheap tint and alarm special. I beat myself up because my pricing wad higher and sales declined. I finally shut down my shop went to apply at this chain of stores that kicked my ass and people were lined up outside for the 149 tint and alarm special. When i went inside their sales team were fast at work showing these customers all their options. Before you know it bam not one customer bought the 149 they all were 499 and up

I am in this for the long haul and i like you was very frustrated until i saw what i was doing to myself. I lived in San Antonio where a new company started advertising a cheap tint and alarm special. I beat myself up because my pricing wad higher and sales declined. I finally shut down my shop went to apply at this chain of stores that kicked my ass and people were lined up outside for the 149 tint and alarm special. When i went inside their sales team were fast at work showing these customers all their options. Before you know it bam not one customer bought the 149 they all were 499 and up

So the 499.00.. Was that just film or film, alarm and alarm installation?

So the 499.00.. Was that just film or film, alarm and alarm installation?

Archived