Really should open my eyes

HELLO fellow tinters. The name is Doug, but everyone calls me hatta. I'm a computer gamer, tinter, vinyl artist, car enthusiast. I have owned 4 cars a 88 civic hatch, 90 camry, 91 metro (4 door 3 cylinder. Called it the beast) and 95 Toyota Celica liftback. I'm currently looking into getting a new car as I'm tired of driving the Celica.

If I can do something and have nothing left to learn in it I'm bored and lose interest really fast. I took an online "bar" exam when I was 19 and passed, so being a lawyer soon lost my interest. I've been in business management since I was 21, started at a Spencer gifts. Left there for more hours and better pay at a small family owned store. I was there for years until I was in able to get to work anymore, due to the beast dying. I was out of work for a year. Then started working at a car wash. Soon after I got interested in vinyl wrap. After a while I was asked if I'd like to stop the wash and become full-time tinting and vinyl. It's a no brainer heck yeah. I also dip cars at a local shop when the need arises.

I don't want to be working for someone else for ever and really want to own my own shop. Also I'm interested in doing water transfer graphics (hydro-dip)

due to the beast dying. I was out of work for a year.

So if you were out of work for a year because of car problems, how did you get back to work without a car. Why did it take a year?  Why couldn't you fix the problem without waiting a year to go back to work? Were you drawing unemployment?

I'm not really trying to bust your chops. Everybody has a story.

I've just seen so many absolute losers tell about how they were out of work because...... fill in the blank. :bs

I don't think I could ever just sit without working, regardless whether or not I'm getting checks from somebody.

Oh and :welcome

I applied all around just couldn't get work. Was on unemployment for 6 months. (used savings the rest) the wash called and I walked until I got the money for a new car. (savings covered rent, but not much else.) the engine went in the car and I gave the car to the shop as payment for looking at it. Figured if they agreed is less money coming out. The whole situation sucked. I made it out though.

Welcome DeHatta :beer

It's all good, sounds like you have lots going on! Welcome to TintDude!! I'm like you in wanting to learn more about hydro graphics. Friend of mine started do them last month and looks like he is slammed and doing cool stuff.

Cheers

Stan

Welcome DeHatta :beer

It's all good, sounds like you have lots going on! Welcome to TintDude!! I'm like you in wanting to learn more about hydro graphics. Friend of mine started do them last month and looks like he is slammed and doing cool stuff.

Cheers

Stan

WOW! You are still awake. Anything troubling you?

Archived