poly 2 sprayer

No and yes. I have an aversion to using P2's for that very reason and then some; they simply do not have the consistency in quality their previous bottle had. I choose the Impact Jr. instead as it has all the attributes the old P2 design had.

We baught several 1gal pressure sprayers from a farm equipment store years ago. They all still work perfect. I dont think ill ever buy those poly sprayers when I can get a 1gal pressure spray locally for $15 that lasts for years... might upgrade to a pressure tank soon though

I asked patric awhile back where I could find rebuild kits. He said he was working on it, but I'm sure that's small potatoes as far as sales go. 

Only place I found rebuild kits after a lot of searching is from somewhere across the pond. After buying the kit and ship it, you are better off buying a new bottle. 

I was able to find an o-ring set from Northern Tool. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Rescued just a couple from the boneyard of Poly 2s I have laying around. 

I'm with smartie, I gave up on the Poly 2's when the last three I received didn't work....all different issues. I now use the impact and like it so far. :thumb

I asked patric awhile back where I could find rebuild kits. He said he was working on it, but I'm sure that's small potatoes as far as sales go. 

Yeah, ever since you asked me TE I have been trying to source them. I think I am close to being able to get them, but they are not cheap and need to come from Europe as the importer to the US does not offer them. The issue is that the cost will likely be 1/2 the price of the whole bottle leaving me to wonder how big the demand for the rebuild kit would even be.

As Smartie said, I wish that they had never changed the design in the first place. The Poly 2 from 10 years ago was far superior to the unit we sell today. I wish I could find an old warehouse with 1000s of them that someone forgot about. It would be like finding gold. :lol

Thoughts everyone? :dunno

Archived