2014 Jetta b/glass

Guest Derek Medeiros

Guest Derek Medeiros

I know, easy car.. they really are... except one thing, I continue to have trouble with every single back glass when getting the water squeegeed out from behind the third brake light.

I don't remove the back decklid.. and I'm am having a single hell of a time squeegeeing out the water behind the third break light, I hate cutting them out... I also hate trying to squeegee them out, my bulldozer always ends up pulling the tint back up and destroying the tint, and my titan isn't strong enough to pull the water out leaving way to much water, everyone I do, I end up fighting with the water behind the brake light.

what tools are you guys using for those who don't cut out the brake lights? we have a vw dealership so I do quite a few jettas.. they all turn out great I just have trouble with this damn backglass.

any ideas to make this easier for me?

Tail fin, sideswiper or just when using your bulldozer, push it in and then push it across to the side until it clears the brake light to avoid catching the bottom of the film.

Or just pull the rear deck, it only takes about 10 mins on those.

Best I can remember pull the side pillar covers, drop seats, pull the rivot screws, then this cover has a hidden rivot or something back there. Been a while since I took these so may be a little more but I believe that's it.

post-29693-0-90070900-1465871371_thumb.p

post-29693-0-21891000-1465871466_thumb.p

Is it simple to just pull the rear side pillars on these? Dont pull any rear decks typically and i just hate how tight these or any german cars are. Did a jetta yesterday and pullin the side pillars would have made it that much easier if it doesnt take too much work.

Archived