Sydney price war

I've heard it is tough up there and the attitude has been to take no prisoners.....cheap tint rules.

Devil

Yeh Dev..

It is pretty bad.. There are days when I believe I can fix it, then there are days when it is a bridge too far..

It hurts when you see some of the longest established businesses in Sydney offering (From) $99 tints.

I am considering removing one of the most respected tinting businesses from the ITN because of this..

I can't wait until we start to get guys into aftermarket contracts.. That will free up more work for retail guys, and offer incentive for tinters to get realalistic with their pricing, and get more guys out of M1 dealerships, and into retail tinting shops.

It is a mountain I can not climb alone that is for sure. Good thing I am not alone :)

$99 should be for 2 baby windows

Hey Thu69life,

I do respect that you have handled flack, and held your head in the thunderdome..

The reality is that you will need to take advice from people who have created scenario's that can allow you to get best possible dollar for each install. But with this come best possible customer service and best possible clean installs. If you just want to find a cheap tint and get.. so, so for it, then you will be forever stuck in limbo.

Attitude is everything. Do you want to be the best? Do you want to use the best? Do you want to treat customers with the utmost respect? Do you want to work hard to get to the top?

So far, it seems like you are searching for a cheap film so you can just offer a.. so, so price.

You need to look inside yourself and dig deeper. Just imagine that I am looking over every single window you tint, and I will only accept the best, and only the best can be in the ITN. Look over your work before you rush out of the customers driveway, and tell them to look closely at your work, and that you are proud to say that you have done an outstanding job, and used the best film.

They will remember you if you do this, and they will recommend you to many others. Then you can stop your adwords, you will have suppliers knocking down your door, and they will be throwing work at you and telling their clients that you are the best.

The secret is this... Work bloody hard, and work together with anyone that wants to work with you.. Asking for help is not a crime.

Your call.

I think that's things are getting intense out of 50-60 quotes a week the amount of leads becomes a joke sometimes I feel just putting one price on my site for all cars and be done with it

It can certainly feel that way at times Thu9life. I have days where my phone DOES NOT STOP ringing. If people on these particular days could hear the cursing that goes on for the ten seconds prior to me answering the call, I'd be out of business in a flash. But as soon as I pick up the call, it's helpful, cheerful and professional all the way.

Do this as a little exercise. Work out how much money you made last week. Then divide it by the number of phone calls you received.

That will show you how much money you make (on average) EVERY SINGLE TIME your phone rings, whether you book the Job or not. That's $$$ every time you answer your phone.

So the questions you should ask yourself are;

1: How do I convert more calls into bookings?

2: How do I make my phone ring more often?

The short answer to both, is Good Products, Good Attitude, and Good Mentors.

You're welcome. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Archived