80 series Cruisers

The sliders on these things are so crusty these days, that this has become one of the few vehicles I go out of my way to avoid tinting.

Had one today that got slipped in to the schedule without me realising ( repeat customer and a nice old guy ) but it just reinforced again why I normally refuse to tint them. Took me 4 hours to turn it out and wasted my whole morning only then to turn out 3 cars in the arvo and meet with some suits to nail down a high end commercial FG job. Happens all the time and makes doing these Fourbies look like chump change.

How does everyone else handle these?

i dislike them, same goes for troop carriers, but i just quote high. Theres local competition that must do them cheap cause i miss about half of the ones i quote.

4 cars at retail price in a day is still not bad if its 1 tinter and a meeting to earn big bucks, if thats an unsuccessful day then i should go shoot myself lol

Don't know if I would like to be pulling the sliders out on one of these. It would definitely provide for the cleanest install but I would want the customer to arrange and pay for the sliders to be pulled by somebody.

Devil posted a detailed " how to guide" once and it is no easy task.

Every 80 Cruiser I get in these days, you can barely move the sliders because the runners are so clogged with half a back paddock combined with a mile or so of beach to boot.

They are tough Rocky but that red one I did very recently went to Port Headland to live permanently and I wanted to make sure the customer would never have an issue so I pulled it apart.

He cleaned it too I might add to take some of the "rough" off it and that helped....I always get the client to do a prelim if it's generally old and bad.

The result was fabulous at the end but you have to charge accordingly and if they don't like the original quote, then it's gettadaheloutadashop.

Devil

They are tough Rocky but that red one I did very recently went to Port Headland to live permanently and I wanted to make sure the customer would never have an issue so I pulled it apart.

He cleaned it too I might add to take some of the "rough" off it and that helped....I always get the client to do a prelim if it's generally old and bad.

The result was fabulous at the end but you have to charge accordingly and if they don't like the original quote, then it's gettadaheloutadashop.

Devil

where is the link for that post?

Devil

This one came out immaculate Dev, or it would never have left my shop. :redturbo

Scrubbed the crappers out of the runners for the sliders, flushed them until they ran clean, dried everything and taped the top of the gaskets. No contamination issues at all, and I always charge a fuck off price for these or anything else I really don't have the time or inclination to do.

I must be learning from all your posts on the subject :prof

Archived