whers ralph

I 100% agree Howard. It would be nice to have some sort of a clarification as to the actual ingredients. I was just wanting to see what my bottles listed as the ingredients since there seemed to be a differing of opinion on the matter. I by no means am pointing any fingers as to which is the correct listing of ingredients, only stating that my current inventory matches the photo that Ralph has posted. We have turned our inventory of the Film-On products many times since the date of the MSDS.

Got me  :dunno

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 100% agree Howard. It would be nice to have some sort of a clarification as to the actual ingredients. I was just wanting to see what my bottles listed as the ingredients since there seemed to be a differing of opinion on the matter. I by no means am pointing any fingers as to which is the correct listing of ingredients, only stating that my current inventory matches the photo that Ralph has posted. We have turned our inventory of the Film-On products many times since the date of the MSDS.

It's probably just a clerical or record keeping error.  They are generally rather careful over there.

In the meantime, I will hold off on drinking any more of it until this is cleared up!

-Howard

In the meantime, I will hold off on drinking any more of it until this is cleared up!

-Howard

I think that I will stick with the Single Malt's if I am going to be drinking anything.

Hey Howard, 

Maybe you can send me some of your solution for my colonoscopy.  I need a good slip solution that I can trust. :lol   lol

You got it Ralph.  Our crew will send you 2 gallons.  You can use any leftovers to install some Flex.

Just kidding.  I hope it goes well and they find nothing.

-Howard

Hey Howard, 

Maybe you can send me some of your solution for my colonoscopy.  I need a good slip solution that I can trust. :lol   lol

You got it Ralph.  Our crew will send you 2 gallons.  You can use any leftovers to install some Flex.

Just kidding.  I hope it goes well and they find nothing.

-Howard

My understanding is that only those 2 ingredients are present.  Perhaps the packaging was never updated to reflect the current contents?

-Howard

:yeah Any possible other ingredients may fall below the bar for reporting on SDS, in that the percentage is too low to be deemed worthy of reporting. To my understanding Film On underwent a slight reformulation earlier this year. I find it just a bit thicker when dispensed.  :dunno

Hi Smart,

Once again - I think you figured it out.

I bet $1 that a revision to the MSDS will be forthcoming, perhaps as a result of this thread.  The current MSDS indicates that it is safe to drink small amounts, but the additional items on that list are definitely unfit for human ingestion.

Although the new formulation may not be safe to drink, I am sure that it's safe for film.  I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for that team and they would never do anything which could negatively impact the longevity profile of their film.

As far as I can tell, there is no ppm threshold for required inclusion in an MSDS.  The only guidance I could find was "significant quantities" which is open to interpretation. 

Regards,

Howard

Archived