Selling Tint in the Cold??

Most shops lose some of their customer base when it gets cold...... So, I was wondering how some of you sell tint in the winter??  How do you get across to a customer that it is still beneficial to go ahead and tint your car in the winter??  

winter time only customer that have tint to old car,

and now got new one and they want to tint it. 

tint business is staring on middle January until April (TAX Season)

and after u have May,June,July,August,September and October.

Forget about November and December,

maybe something on Thanksgiving and black Friday add some offer to sell ur stock 

and December Christmas time. and then wait to tax season. :)

Most shops lose some of their customer base when it gets cold...... So, I was wondering how some of you sell tint in the winter?? How do you get across to a customer that it is still beneficial to go ahead and tint your car in the winter??

For me ,the benefits are that the customer can usually get in done in 2 days rather than 2 weeks, I'm "a bit"more flexible on the price if asked for a deal, customer doesn't have to suffer from keeping windows up during drying time due to it being hot.

This is where having dealers in your account come in handy

Being that I am in Florida, when I explain the benefits of window film when it's cold out, I tell them that the UV rays and glare is all the same and just because it is only going to reach a high of 57 degrees today, in a few days the highs will be over 80.

winter time only customer that have tint to old car,

and now got new one and they want to tint it. 

tint business is staring on middle January until April (TAX Season)

and after u have May,June,July,August,September and October.

Forget about November and December,

maybe something on Thanksgiving and black Friday add some offer to sell ur stock 

and December Christmas time. and then wait to tax season. :)

:sad what?

Most shops lose some of their customer base when it gets cold...... So, I was wondering how some of you sell tint in the winter?? How do you get across to a customer that it is still beneficial to go ahead and tint your car in the winter??

For me ,the benefits are that the customer can usually get in done in 2 days rather than 2 weeks, I'm "a bit"more flexible on the price if asked for a deal, customer doesn't have to suffer from keeping windows up during drying time due to it being hot.

This is where having dealers in your account come in handy

Zactly. :thumb

business def slows down in the cold months.....i try to take any i can get during these months....usually anyone i know who wants it done during the cold months is doing it mostly to improve cars appearance. i have 2 cars to do tonite....but not much else lined up......

I change my sales pitch in the winter months, I focus the client more on glare reduction/uv protection, rather than heat rejection.

I also push harder on the up-sells. AirBlue80 on the windshield is my favorite up-sell. I mention that it reduces glare when all that bright white stuff is covering the ground. It helps that I have AB80 on my truck, so I can actually show the client.

I've also been pushing gift certificates. What a great Christmas gift  :thumb

Archived