And he so advises.....could have fooled me.

Let me set the scene....private dwelling, old film, extensive redo, demetalised film to completely clear, hard coat flaking off, film lifting and delaminating, no name product, backyarder.

So after a month of originally doing the quote, he advises that he is going to buy an airconditioner instead.....well and good and the home is a dirt box needing plenty a penny spent on it.

Here's the kicker and I quote...."By the way some feedback that may be useful. Your quote was considerably higher than an alternative we arranged after you'd been here."

My reply after controlling my emotions....."My quote isn't expensive, it's just the other mob is cheap and the classical way to evaluate that is to look no further than the film on your own home currently." :wall

iikt180kUJSsr.jpg

Devil

Yep Devil, common sense seems to be non existent these days. I explain to my customers all the time that there is no box on a shelf marked " Joe Blow - this is your house tinted in a box" and that all these boxes are exactly the same so just haggle on the price.

They are contracting a professional to do a job. There are many ways to cut corners, use cheaper products etc to get an end result but what end result would they like? :dwiwd

I will only work to a high standard with the best products I can get my hands on - and I will charge a fair price for this accordingly.

Don't whine to me that someone can do it much cheaper. Are their apples exactly the same as my apples?

Did a quote yesterday. The guy got 3 quotes despite being recommended to me. I level pegged with 1 other quote by chance. The 3rd quote was $300 cheaper and he wanted me to match it.

Sorry buddy, obviously my price is fair, the other quote you should just toss in the bin now. Corners are being cut and them apples aint the same as mine.

People really don't realise how labour intensive tinting is and we should not be asked to work for minimum wage.

Rant over....feel much better now. :wall

To all you guys that is my sentiment exactly.

I knew of the guy who did the original job way back when and he was always a cheap prick at the best of times wholesaling nasty no name bits of tish as well.

Do you think he will look after this bod now? No way and the custy has the cheek to say I'm a bit dear......look at your windows mate!

Devil

Archived