And he so advises.....could have fooled me.

Yep Devil, common sense seems to be non existent these days. I explain to my customers all the time that there is no box on a shelf marked " Joe Blow - this is your house tinted in a box" and that all these boxes are exactly the same so just haggle on the price.

They are contracting a professional to do a job. There are many ways to cut corners, use cheaper products etc to get an end result but what end result would they like? :dwiwd

I will only work to a high standard with the best products I can get my hands on - and I will charge a fair price for this accordingly.

Don't whine to me that someone can do it much cheaper. Are their apples exactly the same as my apples?

Did a quote yesterday. The guy got 3 quotes despite being recommended to me. I level pegged with 1 other quote by chance. The 3rd quote was $300 cheaper and he wanted me to match it.

Sorry buddy, obviously my price is fair, the other quote you should just toss in the bin now. Corners are being cut and them apples aint the same as mine.

People really don't realise how labour intensive tinting is and we should not be asked to work for minimum wage.

Rant over....feel much better now. :wall

The rant did make me feel better, but not as much as getting the job accepted today over the 'cheap' guy who is having a 20% off sale in this our busiest month of the year??? And over our franchised friends as both admitted that there will be " expansion gaps" at the edges whilst I saw no need for this at all on the type of frames.

Chalk up one for the good guys Dev. :lol

Right Dev. ,     If they are brash enough to ask , usually it is " can you do better than that"  , I quote them a higher price . Well you  didn't say better for" who" . Then we both have a laugh and sometimes I get the job , sometimes not. Oh Well ... 

Right Dev. ,     If they are brash enough to ask , usually it is " can you do better than that"  , I quote them a higher price . Well you  didn't say better for" who" . Then we both have a laugh and sometimes I get the job , sometimes not. Oh Well ...

Nice one HG. I'll try that next time :lol

I usually respond " absolutely we can do it a bit cheaper...which windows should we delete"

Gold... I am actually going to use this... Better for who? Ha ha.. Classic.

Archived